Immigration with a renewed passport

rmicheald

Copy of old passport, plus new paspsort, copy of arival card and a passport photo.

You need to fill out a form, available at immigration or here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/20-transfer-stamp-to-a-new-passport-form/ (print two sided, not on seperate pages if a 2 page document)

They might also require a letter from your embassy

In case anyone is interested, I got the news about the new regulation reg. not being able to extend visa beyond the expiry date of your current passport just 3 days after applying for a 1 year visa extension. Unfortunately my local visa office had not heard of this regulation, so they insisted that they would just transfer the stamps as usual when my passport expired. Since I insisted the rules had changed, they did call their headoffice to check, but received the same answer - "no change, do as usual".

Anyway, since it takes a month from applying to actually getting the extension stamp, I decided to renew my passport in the meantime (it expires at the end of November 2013), hoping that I could then get the stamps in the new passport - for a full year.

When I came back to immigration with the new passport to receive my 1 year extension stamp, they had finally heard of the new regulation, and insisted the extension stamp etc. should be stamped in my old cancelled passport, and that I would then have to apply for a new visa extension again in November, when my cancelled passport and thereby visa extension expires.

Edited by monkeycountry

Is it a requirement to change the valid visa from old PP to the new one? I renewed my PP when I went to UK on holiday 2 months back, visa in old PP still about 6 months validity, I entered by using new PP for entry stamp but showed visa in old PP, can I continue to enter/ exit this way or must I transfer the visa??, if relevant my visa is a multi entry 1 year non imm o

I recently got a new passport when I was in the UK. My original Non-Imm O plus the various retirement extensions are all in the old passport. The only stamp in the new passport is the permission to stay stamp with the same date as my last retirement extension. A week ago I went to Pattaya Immigration to do a 90 day report and the officer scrutinised my new and old passports but didn't tell me to get any stamps transferred. In December I will apply for another 1 year retirement extension, so that will take care of that stamp, and I was told some time back that they won't transfer the old Non-Imm O stamp dating from 2007 anyway. So it seems that if you re-enter the country with a brand new passport then there's no need to get any stamps transferred. Is that right?