PEA electricity rate has gone up ?

balo

I received a letter from the condomnium office that PEA electricity will go up from 4.3ish to 5.3ish baht per unit, starting October 1.

Can anyone confirm this ?

This published on Published: 03 Apr 13 Asian Power.com. That will be around 5.1 Baht/unit versus 3.6/unit now. That's a pretty nasty increase and really can't see how they can justify it. Most Thais have problems with current Thailand prices let alone Singapore prices. Anyway, it states 2 years from now, not October 1 this year. At least I can't find the information. Normally they would do incremental increases over the period not one bulk increase as it will effect individuals, businesses - can you say inflation? wink.png Similar article in the Bangkok Post with more 'detail'. Though that is dated April 1, 2013 so not sure if it is trustworthy. biggrin.png

Electricity bills to rise 35% in Thailand

Government blames costly liquefied natural gas for tariff hike.

The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand expects the electricity tariff will hit US$0.17 per kilowatt hour, on par with Singapore, in two years due to the rising price of LNG.

EGAT Governor Sutat Patmasiriwat said imports of costly LNG are a major reason for the projected increase in the power tariff from an average of US$0.12 per kWh at present.
- See more at: http://asian-power.com/power-utility/in-focus/electricity-bills-rise-35-in-thailand#sthash.fVuM4lO0.dpuf

> PEA electricity will go up from 4.3ish to 5.3ish baht per unit, starting October 1.

1- You must use a lot of electricity to already pay 4.3 baht/unit ! I pay it 3.8 baht.

2- Yes they announced begin of this year that electricity will go to 5 baht in 3 years, so for 2016 not October this year ;)

> PEA electricity will go up from 4.3ish to 5.3ish baht per unit, starting October 1.

1- You must use a lot of electricity to already pay 4.3 baht/unit ! I pay it 3.8 baht.

2- Yes they announced begin of this year that electricity will go to 5 baht in 3 years, so for 2016 not October this year wink.png

3.6B/unit has been my average for 16 months (house) in Chiang Mai. However all inclusive including FT and VAT is around 4.3B/unit. So perhaps some confusion from the OP regarding base price and inclusive price.

post-566-0-35550800-1380729274_thumb.jpg

Booze has just gone up 15%-25%, food prices go up seemingly every other week, now power is going up 35%... the Thais are paying a heavy price for their 300 Baht./day minimum wage and all the rice pledging.

Yes they probably gave me the price incl VAT.

I am still on a temporary meter so pay more than 7 baht now and was told I would pay the new .official PEA rates from November 1 this year, not in 2016...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought the price per unit went up already by about 10% a few months back?

My PEA bill seems to have dozens of different numbers and calculations on it but the one number that I cant see anywhere is the price per unit. I suppose they think I need the mental exercise of working it out myself.

Yes they probably gave me the price incl VAT.

Not sure of that.

Exemple on my last bill:

Units : 155, Price to pay : 514.68

=> price/unit = 3.76 baht (all taxes & tva included)

Price/unit goes up when your consumsion grows though...

People study their electric bills? LOL.

I would have thought that anyone with more than half a brain would check any bill they receive, if only to verify that the total is a normal amount and doesnt include some item added in error. I always do.

• Like 1