New Kanchanaburi border crossing open?

Sorry as i told in other post,my problem is the quiet finishspace on my passport,waiting the new one.Are the stamps small,or take a pages like Cambodia Border?How to get there from Pattaya?

Pattaya to Victory monument -> Hunamin van service under the BTS to Kanchanaburi the border is 1:15h away services in town run about 1900 or if are feeling brave rent a bike for 150 + 900 visa and save 900. Easy to find cheap room. The van company below will take you anywhere in Kburi for 140baht 120 if you are dropped off before the clock tower. There is a number of visa services in town one is right next to the war cemetery on Sanchuto. Its a piece of cake I have friends come up and do this run all the time. Below is the map for the can company. Anyone else trying to tout Kburi is going to rip you off and drop you off at the bus station for a nice 200baht tuk tuk ride to Apple street.

post-133985-0-25725000-1395749069_thumb.

post-133985-0-05621100-1395749102_thumb.

It is a total of 700 baht. The Myanmar entry is 500 baht and then a 200 baht fee for taking passport across no mans land for the stamps and back again.

I went in January it was 700 but current reports say its up to 900 now. These guys figure why charge 700 when you can charge 900.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I will go there to reach the Myanmar border.i will start about 5 a.m.Just please help me with the map.Once i have reach Bangkok i have to take Bang-Na(Not Bang-Kapi)and after?

The map which has been provided at least twice has detailed step by step directions !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I will go there to reach the Myanmar border.i will start about 5 a.m.Just please help me with the map.Once i have reach Bangkok i have to take Bang-Na(Not Bang-Kapi)and after?

The map which has been provided at least twice has detailed step by step directions !

Instead i am stupid can u write to me here?thank you

Someone posted the coordinates already. Just copy those into Google Maps and it should give you directions.

If the links are used the map appears , the rout is defined and , in addition there are detailed directions .

Thanks to all your advice.But during my driving,my phone dies:so for go there i took Dao Khanong and for back i take Pink Lao,if i remember correctly.At the border,kind staff,no scam asking money.The thai lady at the border for stamp me out Thailand was very slim,but on the desk she had food for 4 people.The burma officers i never saw cause i wait inside the minivan.Paied 900 baht.The thai man at the border that stamp me in was aged 20.......no more i think.In 30 minutes all done........and space for another visa run.....but hope the Embassy set my new passport before next 3 months.

The Thai immigration guy told me the fee was 900 and that I could not ride my bike as I would have to pay duties. He tried to explain that the online community was a pack if liars and I should only believe Thai officials!

I walked across to the customs guy who told me that of course I could ride up... I saved 300 as the Burmese immigration wanted 20USD or 600 Baht. Fine with me...

Might need different tires for the last stretch in 90 days...

Edited by DualSportBiker
  • Like 1

The Thai immigration guy told me the fee was 900 and that I could not ride my bike as I would have to pay duties. He tried to explain that the online community was a pack if liars and I should only believe Thai officials!

I walked across to the customs guy who told me that of course I could ride up... I saved 300 as the Burmese immigration wanted 20USD or 600 Baht. Fine with me...

Might need different tires for the last stretch in 90 days...

Can you explain a bit more about how you went about this? So the Thai Immigration guy told you you couldn't go through the crossing, and you ignored him and went through? Then what happened? Did you have to ride your bike far to get to Burmese Immigration, or just a case of going through and turning straight around and coming back?

I've only ever handed my passport over to the chap in the office and gone and waited at the coffee shop, as that seems to be the only way they will allow you of doing it. Like the idea of saving 300 baht of course but don't want a run in with Thai Immigration for the sake of it!

• Like 1

Can you explain a bit more about how you went about this? So the Thai Immigration guy told you you couldn't go through the crossing, and you ignored him and went through? Then what happened? Did you have to ride your bike far to get to Burmese Immigration, or just a case of going through and turning straight around and coming back?

I've only ever handed my passport over to the chap in the office and gone and waited at the coffee shop, as that seems to be the only way they will allow you of doing it. Like the idea of saving 300 baht of course but don't want a run in with Thai Immigration for the sake of it!

Hi,

I was told I could go through, but not on my bike. The minivan was the method suggested, which led me to suspect I was about to be given a special price...

I pretended to follow his advice, left my bike at the coffee shop and went into the waiting area. Once the immigration officer was dealing with a cute lass, I crossed over to the Customs office and waited patiently while he finished a conversation with a Thai bringing vegetables back... I asked the Customs officer if I needed to pay any fees to ride my bike up to the Burmese Immigration office for a stamp before returning here in short-shrift. "No need to pay" was his response.

Walked back to my bike, told the Immigration officer that I did not have to pay anything and rode over. A border patrol police officer clicked open the gate for me.

I rode up the hill passed a security hut, down to the Immigration office, had my mugshot paid my 600 Baht, talked bikes with the officers for 10 mins and made my way back in a total of 30 minutes. Stopped to talk bikes with the Customs officer, but saw the Immigration officer head into his office when I turned up...

The two stamps I collected at the Burmese Immigration office take up 1/3rd of a page total - nothing untoward there...

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So that is what I'm trying to find out, not sure why you replied but have nothing to share. I would need to hear from somebody who has gone yesterday or today as the rules just came into effect yesterday.

Obviously, if somebody has a visa they would have no problem. That is not what the new rules are changing. It prevents people from getting a non-visa 30 day stamp, which I was told by Immigration in the past was a perfectly legitimate way of extending one's time in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I went to this border today and there was not a single issue. It was my first time going to this border and my 3rd 30 day in a row overall (Mae Sai and PoiPet previously).

Thanks orbital, that's helpful. I'm going to wait a few days and then give an acquaintance of mine a call who runs a visa run company that does trips to that border to see what he says.

I think the issue is that there are two offices at that border- the first one which looks "official" is not actually Thai immigration but a private company that runs the 700/900B taxi service to Myanmar immigration. So he may well tell you you can't take your bike but the next office which is actual Thai immigration probably doesn't have an issue with it. Although Thai immigration sometimes has funny issues with bikes at international bridges in particular, I've always pretended not to understand and rode off once I got myself stamped out and have never had a problem.

I went to this border today and there was not a single issue. It was my first time going to this border and my 3rd 30 day in a row overall (Mae Sai and PoiPet previously).

Thanks orbital, that's helpful. I'm going to wait a few days and then give an acquaintance of mine a call who runs a visa run company that does trips to that border to see what he says.

I spoke to a visa run company today and was told that the border remains open and allowing people to do visa runs. The visa run company owner said that he expects this will change, but not until August.

• 2 weeks later...

i went to to this border crossing yesterday and it was still open. very quiet the guy said, but still operating for the 900B fee. i crossed to get 90 day stamp for my non O visa

there was a rumour in Kanchanaburi that it was closed, but this was unfounded

they even let me bring an extra bottle of fine burmese Grand Royal whisky back

i had a real dry throat this morning tho - not sure if this was related to the price of this whiskey or not (100B a bottle)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rules have changed at this border as of yesterday (16 June 2014): you can hop the border three times in a row getting 30 days (for G-8 countries) and then the fourth time they will start giving you only 7 days until you get a proper visa. This includes times that you flew in from another country, not just over land.

• Like 1

Please confirm what visa class this is for.

Rules have changed at this border as of yesterday (16 June 2014): you can hop the border three times in a row getting 30 days (for G-8 countries) and then the fourth time they will start giving you only 7 days until you get a proper visa. This includes times that you flew in from another country, not just over land.

Sent from my D2004 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please confirm what visa class this is for.

Sent from my D2004 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's for a 30 day non-visa stamp.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...