PM Yingluck mulling extra New Year holiday

webfact

Tourists spend 5000 Baht per day on accomodation and food?

But only when it's a public holiday?

What do the Tourists do when it's not a public holiday? Sleep on the street and have only a 14 Baht Mama-Noddle for dinner?

Nonsense.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand-

The Hub of Holidays!

Is there any other country that has more holidays?

Yes for example every country in Eurupe.

Thai factoryworkers works six day every week and have only six days holyday a year.

• Like 1

Whats the point in promoting Tourism, when some parts of that tourism involve threats, physical attacks, scams and so on. Improving tourism means that Thailand needs to be pro-active in making tourism attractive.

When Thailand realizes that it has Tourism Terrorist doing their best to destroy tourist vacations, then it may have a better chance.

just what thailand needs ,...another holiday , soon they will need more holidays to recover from the ones they already have , seems to be buhddas birthday 4 times a year .,.............why not have a national geography day so thais can learn all about the other 190 countries in the world they are not aware of, and why their holidays coincidentily clash with xmas ?!whistling.gif

and a national mathematics day....

According to his estimation, the day off on the 30th December could generate 10,000 million baht spending, considering each of 2 million tourists to spend 5,000 baht per day in costs like accommodation and food.
Would tourists spend more because there is a pub hol? Or does he mean that Thai's will become tourists and spend Bt5k a day?

I've always thought that 10,000 million Baht is 10 Billion ! silly me !!!

According to his estimation, the day off on the 30th December could generate 10,000 million baht spending, considering each of 2 million tourists to spend 5,000 baht per day in costs like accommodation and food.
Would tourists spend more because there is a pub hol? Or does he mean that Thai's will become tourists and spend Bt5k a day?

Right way to go YS/Kittirat, solve all the economic and flood disaster problems Thailand have with more holidays clap2.gif

Come on guys, this is actually logical.

30th December is a Monday. Schools are on holiday anyway. What is the point of two days at the weekend, then a day at work, followed by another two days holiday.

Many countries around the world will be doing the same. It'll only affect offices, banks etc anyway.

I made the mistake of visiting Bangkok one New Year many years ago. it was completely dead for the entire week. nothing open apart from a couple of bookshops and a bar. Where the hell do they expect these tourists to spend yet even more money? Even the Thai doorman at my hotel said it was stupid for this country to have such very long holidays so close together. This is the only country i'm aware of celebrates three New years. The Western one, the Chinese one, and their very own Songkran. and lets not forget that many of these holidays have an extra day week tacked on at either end anyway.

More excuses for them to do sweet sod all.

• Like 1

Thailand-

The Hub of Holidays!

Thai factoryworkers works six day every week and have only six days holyday a year.

mine don't work on Saturday without getting extra money.....and they have way more holidays than 6 days.

Alone at Thai new year it is 5+ days....

30th December is a Monday. Schools are on holiday anyway. What is the point of two days at the weekend, then a day at work, followed by another two days holiday.

Many countries around the world will be doing the same. It'll only affect offices, banks etc anyway.

The holiday idea on the 30th makes practical sense as well as making the people happy.

The idea that 2 million tourists will spend an extra 5000 that day when they are already here is palpable nonsense. Did anyone in this government actually earn their economics degree?

• Like 2

The venomous hatred spouted against Yingluck on every thread where she gets a mere mention only expose the bitterness and insecurities that taint the expat community, especially towards Thai females.

I am of the opinion that if she is so deeply unpopular with the expat community then she, much like Thaksin before her, must be doing something right.

Another poster called her "out of touch", another more appropriate phrase to describe the political savvy of the vast majority of expatriates you could not find.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The holiday idea on the 30th makes practical sense as well as making the people happy.

The idea that 2 million tourists will spend an extra 5000 that day when they are already here is palpable nonsense. Did anyone in this government actually earn their economics degree?

None's holding such a degree there. So how should they know it?-wai2.gif

I fully agree with the comments made relating to the floods being the most important issue now, so where's her reality. There are so many other issues that should be taking her time including areas that are adversely affecting tourism, mugging, violence, rip offs, corruption etc. need I go on ? Anyway Thailand already has 13 days public holiday days which benefits the government workforce, teachers and banks, the rest of the country carries on working as normal to pay their way. Look behind the smiles !

Half the country is under water, and this is an issue?

The flood waters are receeding, or so it's claimed, so that's all good and problem solved so let's move onto something else.

Everyone loves a holiday and will be so grateful they will rush out and spend B5,000 in one day.

A post asked if tourists will spend more if Dec 30 is a public holiday but that is most unlikely.

Some of my Thai neighbours do go away for New Year but it's to visit family so no accomodation costs involved and there's no way they'll be spending B5,000 for food over the whole trip let alone one day.

Living in TAT's fanatsy world is becoming contagious.

So the French Once Said "Let them eat Cake" We all recall our history.

The venomous hatred spouted against Yingluck on every thread where she gets a mere mention only expose the bitterness and insecurities that taint the expat community, especially towards Thai females.

I am of the opinion that if she is so deeply unpopular with the expat community then she, much like Thaksin before her, must be doing something right.

Another poster called her "out of touch", another more appropriate phrase to describe the political savvy of the vast majority of expatriates you could not find.

I'm always perplexed why people love and revere this woman so much when her role of PM is nothing more than a joke. Would she be in office if Thaksin wasn't her big brother? Of course not! Hasn't Thaksin made it VERY clear that he's the one actually running the show? Of course he has!

When she flaunts herself as being the one who's running (or is that ruining?) the country, it's offensive, so for me, it's nothing to do with her gender. If it was Thaksin's little brother pretending to be a big shot, I'd be just as offended.

you must be xxx joking right? eeven the thought of this government maybe doing something for thailand is already ridiculous

Edited by metisdead

You beat me to this

Country is under water and she is trying to figure out how to make a work day a shopping day

Truely pathetic leader

No, pathetic puppet and show pony.

I'm always perplexed why people love and revere this woman so much when her role of PM is nothing more than a joke. Would she be in office if Thaksin wasn't her big brother? Of course not! Hasn't Thaksin made it VERY clear that he's the one actually running the show? Of course he has!

When she flaunts herself as being the one who's running (or is that ruining?) the country, it's offensive, so for me, it's nothing to do with her gender. If it was Thaksin's little brother pretending to be a big shot, I'd be just as offended.

you must be xxx joking right? eeven the thought of this government maybe doing something for thailand is already ridiculous

I don't see where I said anything positive about the current government in my post. As a matter of fact, I said, "...running (or is that ruining) the country..."

Please read more carefully before being nasty to me.

Thailand-

The Hub of Holidays!

As the subject of this thread is National holidays, the fact that some people work on those holidays and hopefully get paid extra for it is not relevant.

Thailand-

The Hub of Holidays!

As the subject of this thread is National holidays, the fact that some people work on those holidays and hopefully get paid extra for it is not relevant.

yep. my nephew here works approx. 28 days a month, 12 hour days. and not even at his home town so no staying with the family in afterhours too. can not imagine this myself

Edited by jviersel

We have to start somewhere with getting up that feel-good factor... whistling.gif

The way this is turning out in terms of the floods, I would reckon that by the start of November, the factories around the North of Bangkok will just be starting their extended bi-annual Xmas shut down.

Hooray for holidays....

The flood waters are receeding, or so it's claimed, so that's all good and problem solved so let's move onto something else.

Everyone loves a holiday and will be so grateful they will rush out and spend B5,000 in one day.

A post asked if tourists will spend more if Dec 30 is a public holiday but that is most unlikely.

Some of my Thai neighbours do go away for New Year but it's to visit family so no accomodation costs involved and there's no way they'll be spending B5,000 for food over the whole trip let alone one day.

Living in TAT's fanatsy world is becoming contagious.

So the French Once Said "Let them eat Cake" We all recall our history.

Ah oui! Ze French.

Unfortunately history tells us these famous words were spoken by Marie Antoinette who as we all know, was an Austrian with similar tastes to the holiday lady in the above article. She was shortly thereafter to lose her head.