PM Yingluck mulling extra New Year holiday

webfact

Lets extrapolate this logic of our dearest PM - if what she says is true that people will spend an extra 5000 a day for each additional day of holiday and there would be a boost to the economy - then, firstly it seems she is agreeing and we can infer that she accepts the Thai economy is not doing well.

Secondly if this logic makes sense then why not go further and make the whole year a year of public holidays (i.e. 365 days holiday in the year) people would spend money untill they go blind or stark raving mad and you know what...the Thai economy would boom as if no one's business and we would become the richest country in the world and put US and Japan and China and Germany to shame!

Rather she should make it tax efficient for businesses to increase productivity, reward innovation and encourage R and D investment, make it easier to import low and high skilled labor from neighbouring countries, remove red tape and bureaucracy, reduce corporate tax rates, make VAT refunds transparent and honest (and the list goes on). These and no other methods are what is required for this country to prosper.

She is just a pretty face - All beauty no brains and lotsa money!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"According to his estimation, the day off on the 30th December could generate 10,000 million baht spending, considering each of 2 million tourists to spend 5,000 baht per day "

10,000 million baht? do they mean to say 10 billion? lol...

and no way would families spend 5,000 per day. maybe 500 at least. Why would every family spend 25-30% of their monthly earnings on their day off?

The venomous hatred spouted against Yingluck on every thread where she gets a mere mention only expose the bitterness and insecurities that taint the expat community, especially towards Thai females.

I am of the opinion that if she is so deeply unpopular with the expat community then she, much like Thaksin before her, must be doing something right.

Another poster called her "out of touch", another more appropriate phrase to describe the political savvy of the vast majority of expatriates you could not find.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Have you all your life confused honesty with "venomous hatred" Just because you love her and are so willing to overlook reality does not mean all ex pats are that way. Most of us would probably like her if she was not making a shambles out of every thing she touches.

Perhaps if we were to meet her in her old position in the family business we would like her because she did a very good job at it. In fact so good that when she left they did not even have to replace her.

Are you hinting that she is like her brother and should be a convicted criminal on the run from the law with about 15 other charges hanging over her head?

Sent from my personal HP computer sitting on my desk using the key board.

and no way would families spend 5,000 per day. maybe 500 at least. Why would every family spend 25-30% of their monthly earnings on their day off?

Even more clownish of the speaker is that he said the 5,000 baht per day was per tourist, eg. a family of four would spend 20,000 Baht per day.

laugh.png

Thailand-

The Hub of Holidays!

Is there any other country that has more holidays?

Have you ever worked in Europe? between June-August the whole place shuts down for holidays for 3 months.

Yes, I have and no, it doesn't

We are not discussing annual leave here, we are discussing government imposed National holiday days.

Half the country is under water, and this is an issue?

You call the country impotent, yet want them to handle only one issue at a time? I don't understand the logic. Do you first want Yingluck to grab a shovel and dig canals before addressing any other issue? Surely you do not mean this?

That said, I do believe that elections are coming up sooner than we thought. She obviously wants to give the public employees more paid days off to gain their favor. That is the main point of this request.

The venomous hatred spouted against Yingluck on every thread where she gets a mere mention only expose the bitterness and insecurities that taint the expat community, especially towards Thai females.

I am of the opinion that if she is so deeply unpopular with the expat community then she, much like Thaksin before her, must be doing something right.

Another poster called her "out of touch", another more appropriate phrase to describe the political savvy of the vast majority of expatriates you could not find.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm always perplexed why people love and revere this woman so much when her role of PM is nothing more than a joke. Would she be in office if Thaksin wasn't her big brother? Of course not! Hasn't Thaksin made it VERY clear that he's the one actually running the show? Of course he has!

When she flaunts herself as being the one who's running (or is that ruining?) the country, it's offensive, so for me, it's nothing to do with her gender. If it was Thaksin's little brother pretending to be a big shot, I'd be just as offended.

you must be xxx joking right? eeven the thought of this government maybe doing something for thailand is already ridiculous

That is what he said; are you stoned? Read again.

I agree with this holiday but why not cut out one of the other nonsensical holidays sothe number of work days remains the same?

Well, you could consider that this whole holiday is nonsensical. The Thai new year is in April. How can there be 2 new years in one year?

Let's see, there are 365 days in a year from which 52 Sundays and so far about 60 public holidays. Add to that some religious holidays and the at least 24 days a employee is entitled to take off. Then some more days that factories are closed due to floods or other unexpected circumstances.

Of course I have no doubts this country is growing economically.

I agree with this holiday but why not cut out one of the other nonsensical holidays sothe number of work days remains the same?

Well, you could consider that this whole holiday is nonsensical. The Thai new year is in April. How can there be 2 new years in one year?

The same way there can be two prime ministers!

One for each perhaps? wink.png

Edited by bigbamboo