Guys, where can I buy posters of musicians?

Waffle

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows where I could pick some up... I'm looking for posters of my

favorite guitar players to frame and put up in my music home at home for inspiration.

Would love to find a S.R.V. or Mark Knofler poster, anyone have any spare Dave Gilmour posters?

Silly question, Do they even make posters anymore?

Haven't bought any in 20 years.

Would appreciate any help

Thanks!

i have about 50 or so posters i brought from USA.... they are posters of shows that i worked when i used to do security for bill graham presents.

So.. no individual posters of single artists, except for the rare "evening with" shows, which meant ONLY one artist. Stopped doing shows about 2002, so

all posters are pre-2002.

Send me a message if you want to come over and browse thru them... framing is cheap in CM and i have many on my walls. I would be willing to part with some of them.

i have about 50 or so posters i brought from USA.... they are posters of shows that i worked when i used to do security for bill graham presents.

So.. no individual posters of single artists, except for the rare "evening with" shows, which meant ONLY one artist. Stopped doing shows about 2002, so

Send me a message if you want to come over and browse thru them... framing is cheap in CM and i have many on my walls. I would be willing to part with some of them.

Thank you zippydedodah, that's really generous of you!

Who were some of your favorite musicians that you got to see perform?

David Bowie, Steve Miller, Metallica, Grateful Dead, King Crimson, Led Zepplin, Nirvana, Blue Cheer, Jefferson Airplane, Jerry Lee Lewis

...i did not work all those shows, some i just attended as i lived in SFO/Marin area during the good old days... but 12 yrs of security (1990 to 2002), averaging 100+ shows a year, i saw a few people play, for sure.

BTW... the posters i would be willing to part with are not framed, but stored in my home.

David Bowie, Steve Miller, Metallica, Grateful Dead, King Crimson, Led Zepplin, Nirvana, Blue Cheer, Jefferson Airplane, Jerry Lee Lewis

...i did not work all those shows, some i just attended as i lived in SFO/Marin area during the good old days... but 12 yrs of security (1990 to 2002), averaging 100+ shows a year, i saw a few people play, for sure.

BTW... the posters i would be willing to part with are not framed, but stored in my home.

Awesome! you don't get to see bands like that anymore, I'll bet you met plenty of interesting characters over the years.

I sent you PM

Thanks again.

Would Liberace be any good to you, at all at all?

Incidentally, what's an SRV - some sort of off-road vehicle? I have an old photo of my Reliant Robin, if that will help....?

Edited by asdecas

Would Liberace be any good to you, at all at all?

Incidentally, what's an SRV - some sort of off-road vehicle? I have an old photo of my Reliant Robin, if that will help....?

Possibly, is he playing a Fender Stratocaster?smile.png

This is an SRVtongue.png

Has anyone here ever seen him play live?

srv_bio_header.jpg

Awesome! you don't get to see bands like that anymore, I'll bet you met plenty of interesting characters over the years.

I sent you PM

Thanks again.

Ditto that....

The bands / musicians list is an absolute cracker. Fair play to Zippydedodah!!!

forgot to mention Jimi Hendrix (about 8 times), Rolling Stones (in Hyde Park for their tribute show), Blind Faith (again in Hyde Park) and the Beatles, at Candlestick Park in SFO...

damn... a lot of memories there... Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam, for a new year's eve show (Nirvana played that one too), but usually NYE was reserved the the Dead, back in the day.

Country Joe and the Fish of course, Sons of Champlin, Lydia Pense and Cold Blood...hell, Janet Jackson and Madonna even... oh and lets not forget N Sync, and Pink together at Oakland Coliseum.

see...now you got me started...two that i did not see but wish i did... Michael Jackson and SRV.

• 1 month later...

I grew up in S.F. and used to go the the Fillmore almost every weekend starting at age 12, most of the time I had no idea who was playing. Saw many bands that had not yet released albums , such as Boz Scaggs and Tower of Power. When leaving the auditorium, there was an old black security guard at the door, he handed out the poster from the show and also a postcrd mini poster for next weeks show. As he handed them out he repeatedly said with a big smile "say it loud, stoned and proud" ! At first I would put them on my wall but my mom saw them and said "these will be valuable some day" and used to confiscate them from me for safe keeping,

Edited by daoyai