2 Stroke or 4 stroke small m/cycle ?

angrybird

4 stroke sure for better fuel economy and less repair headache.

you did not mention your budget but new honda sh150 is cool or pcx is OK.

if less budget, get click 125 or yamaha nuovo.

Yes the SH150 does look cool, but it's a bit pricy!

obviously, you've been away from the motorcycle world for a while ?? ...they haven't been making 2 stroke scooters for at least 5 years !

As said, get at minimum a 125cc and if auto only you're options are limited to Honda Click or PCX or Yamaha Nuovo or Mio... Nuovo used to be 135cc but think it is 125 now ?

Yamaha Nuovo is by far the best quality automatic bike out there,and will keep its vaule far better than a Honda. Yamaha has had the best build quality for several years now. Yamaha also do a 4 speed semi-automatic - Spark - 135 cc and liquid cooled,like the Nuovo. Please buy good safety equipment.

New Honda sh150 +1 Very cool. Yamaha Nuovo very nice. For goodness sake, don't get the 25 year old 25cc 2 stroke, no licence, scooter thing!!!!!!!!!!!! When you start nosing around and asking questions your choice will develop. I think for sure that it's safer to try to flow with the traffic, rather than let everybody pass you in their trucks and cars and such. They tend to want to push you into the ditch. So some "oomph" is good, to keep up. They make little safety helmets for the four year old. You have to search a bit.

"At 98kg, I suggest you sit on the bike you're considering purchasing and have a photo taken. If it looks like you have a scooter hanging out of your arse, buy a bigger one"

Like This ?? post-183772-0-83701100-1380946817_thumb.

".A 110cc or similar will be to much strain on the engine.Won't last A long period of time.".. Like me I think !

BTW I bought a new Zoomer with Remote Locking, and underseat box for someone 6 weeks ago. I liked the look of it, but when

I suggested that I get one, they pulled a disapproving face. I have never ridden it.

I have bought a good large helmet and hope I can get a bike which has giood storage.

Edited by angrybird

A 110cc or similar will be to much strain on the engine.Won't last A long period of time.

110cc won't go as quick as a 125 but I humbly suggest that there won't be any more 'strain' on the engine regardless of the weight of the rider because the CVT will select the appropriate ratio. Open the throttle and the engine will speed up to the rpm allowed by the variator. The engine won't really know how much the rider weighs it will simply stay in a lower ratio for longer, so speed will be lower but strain? If one wishes to grind up long hills in the lowest gear OK but unless one lives in Mai Hong Song no difference.

• Like 1

Yamaha Nuovo is by far the best quality automatic bike out there,and will keep its vaule far better than a Honda. Yamaha has had the best build quality for several years now. Yamaha also do a 4 speed semi-automatic - Spark - 135 cc and liquid cooled,like the Nuovo. Please buy good safety equipment.

Still working on my latest "extensive review" of Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135, Yamaha Nouvo SX 125 and Honda Click 125i. Yep...Yamaha has much better quality than Honda. I have rented two low mileage Honda Click's now, one here in Naklua and one on Koh Larn Island, and both had latching problems with their rear seats. I've never seen a Yamaha do this, and I've owned one Nouvo MX, one Elegance that I presently own, one Yamaha Filano I bought for my gf and one Yamaha Fino a few years back. All have been flawless. Moreover none of my friends who have Yamaha have had these quality control defects. Moreover...check out that turn indicator position on the new Clicks. That's terrible. The Yamaha's have turn indicators in positions that are very intuitive.

ANd to do my most recent tests I just rented another 125 Nouvo SX. This time for four days. Flawless. It's simply a terrific bike for what most of us really need and it's so much fun to drive.

• Like 1

Renting a new Click 125i here in Patong now, also had the seat cable detach. The friendly guys at the local bike shop fixed it OK but I was surprised to have this 'go' on a new bike with low km. Prizing the seat up to allow access to release the mechanism is not something I suspect doing too often will do the mechanism or the seat fit much good.

Think I prefer the Click 125i over the PCX for the riding position in towns, not sure it would be on my short list to buy/own though, currently comprising the PCX 150 and 2013 Airblade. Nouvo SX would be on my list to check out if it was available in Malaysia.

It's all been said, except 2 strokes are thirsty, we have a bog standard Honda Wave 110cc at 34,000baht. 200mpg, as reliable as a very reliable thing, I weigh 85kg, the Mrs 52kg and we have no problems with power doing about 200km/week around town. Thai's put side cars on the damn things and carry 1/2 tonne, I saw one with a trailer too (as well as the side-car catering thingy)

It is auto clutch and the 4 gears are a doddle, in my view much better that a rubber band auto. 100 zillion people can't be wrong.

Hond Wave "It is auto clutch and the 4 gears are a doddle, in my view much better that a rubber band auto. 100 zillion people can't be wrong."

Is this the Honda the BBC tried to destroy, even dropping if from a 10 storey building, and apart from a wonky wheel it still ran ! ?

BTW...ever paranoid, I see that the world's copyists are copying the most popular bikes.

Anyone suspect that they may be finding their way here ?

Edited by angrybird

The Yamahas also like to eat batteries at a quite alarming rate.

Bear in mind, you're talking about a cheap scooter, not a 'motorbike' so the differences between them all are minuscule. The known world swears by Honda, and that's where my money goes too.

Yes, the Yams seem to be a reluctant to start if you leave it for a few weeks but wouldn't say it eats batterys

The old ones with carb, yes...but nowadays all new Yamahas have FI.

They will start at the first push on the starter button, even you left them for 4 weeks. (Wife's Mio 125i)