True Sim validity

Cirencester

TrueMove or TrueMove H?

SIM name (iTalk, iNet, iSmart)? Plan? Promotion?

What is the reply to #123#?

When did you purchase this SIM? What is your top-up/usage history?

Service validities have changed radically; most top-ups yield 30 to 60 days from the date of the top-up, and cannot be "accumulated", as in the past.

I am pretty sure that any top-up with TrueMove H gives 60 days. Further they may extend the validity 60 days (max.) based on usage. So if you top-up again, make a call, send a text, on day 59, your validity should be pushed out another 60 days from the day of the "activity".

That said, each SIM/plan/promotion may have its own unique characteristics.

TrueMove or TrueMove H?

SIM name (iTalk, iNet, iSmart)? Plan? Promotion?

When did you purchase this SIM? What is your top-up/usage history?

Service validities have changed radically; most top-ups yield 30 to 60 days from the date of the top-up, and cannot be "accumulated", as in the past.

I am pretty sure that any top-up with TrueMove H gives 60 days. Further they may extend the validity 60 days (max.) based on usage. So if you top-up again, make a call, send a text, on day 59, your validity should be pushed out another 60 days from the day of the "activity".

That said, each SIM/plan/promotion may have its own unique characteristics.

It truemove H yes.

The sim was given to me as I came off an Oman Air flight by true staff on promotion or something. Have just put 200 baht on and it just one day again !!

Am guessing you have:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/sim-truemoveh/prepaid/entry/2258?ln=en

3G Tourist Inter SIM - Free

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/sim-truemoveh/prepaid/entry/2272

You might ring up TrueMove H as the one-day validity does not sound reasonable or accurate.

Asked again,

TrueMove-H credit is 6.49 bt, you can use service until 13/11/2013 (word for word)

As I'm obviously using daily it moving forward 1 day at a time. If I add any amount (50-500 baht) it again bounces forward one day only.

Its no issue as such but would have liked to keep number when leaving the country. Or will the credit just disappear but Sim stay potentially active for a few month after if it was subsequently topped up ??

TrueMove-H credit is 6.49 bt, you can use service until 13/11/2013 (word for word)

Assume you understand that 13/11/2013 is thirty-days, November 13, 2013, rather than one day?

My best guess is that your particular SIM rolls 30 days based on usage (outbound call or text), or a top-up.

You could contact TrueMove H to see about changing the promotion, plans, terms. Most TrueMove H SIMs I am familiar with have a 60 day rolling validity, again based on usage.

Assume you understand that 13/11/2013 is thirty-days, November 13, 2013, rather than one day?

My best guess is that your particular SIM rolls 30 days based on usage (outbound call or text), or a top-up.

You could contact TrueMove H to see about changing the promotion, plans, terms. Most TrueMove H SIMs I am familiar with have a 60 day rolling validity, again based on usage.

I agree. Looks like it rolls forward daily but that initial top up/activation time of 30 days is what you get........ I recall my previous True Sim was a year I think on top up ??

I recall my previous True Sim was a year I think on top up ??

That was then, and TrueMove, this is now, and TrueMove H. There is a looming shortage of numbers, and validity (duration) have been shortened and/or tied to usage.

You could ring TrueMove H to inquire about alternatives, leave the SIM with a friend to "maintain", enable international roaming so you can maintain - take a few small denomination top-up cards for example - this assumes you have a signal/roaming partner wherever you end up, My best guess is that these free promo SIMs targeted for tourists may not be the best choice if your plans involve anything other than a single short-time stay?

DTAC/Happy offer a validity buy up scheme: 2 baht/30 days up to 24 baht for 360 days but this has some requirements re: term and usage.

I recall my previous True Sim was a year I think on top up ??

That was then, and TrueMove, this is now, and TrueMove H. There is a looming shortage of numbers, and validity (duration) have been shortened and/or tied to usage.

You could ring TrueMove H to inquire about alternatives, leave the SIM with a friend to "maintain", enable international roaming so you can maintain - take a few small denomination top-up cards for example - this assumes you have a signal/roaming partner wherever you end up, My best guess is that these free promo SIMs targeted for tourists may not be the best choice if your plans involve anything other than a single short-time stay?

DTAC/Happy offer a validity buy up scheme: 2 baht/30 days up to 24 baht for 360 days but this has some requirements re: term and usage.

Ok thanks for all your input. I really want to stick with True because of their 1 baht landline call rates.

Thanks again...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I had similar Sim recently-only moves forward one day at a time. Does not advance 30 or 60 days except the first top up which gives 30 days. Clearly the objective from their point of view is to get short term tourists to depart with credit on their Sims which is then subsequently lost

Yes I had similar Sim recently-only moves forward one day at a time. Does not advance 30 or 60 days except the first top up which gives 30 days. Clearly the objective from their point of view is to get short term tourists to depart with credit on their Sims which is then subsequently lost

My best guess is that these TrueMove H Tourist Inter SIMs are targeted at, well, tourists. These would be people who come to Thailand as tourists. As near as I can determine these seem to have a rolling 30 day validity based on usage (make a call, send an SMS, top-up for as little as 10 baht). Given the number shortage TrueMove probably wants tor recycle these numbers, and people should be aware that these are meant for tourists. If your plans call for a return to Thailand then another SIM/promotion/plan might be better utilised? If anyone has questions regarding options just ask.

I think the objective is to provide a service. Any revenue is generated/recognized upon purchase or top-up rather than as a credit left unused. But I understand everyone is always on the lookout for a "scam". rolleyes.gif

My best guess is that these TrueMove H Tourist Inter SIMs are targeted at, well, tourists. These would be people who come to Thailand as tourists. As near as I can determine these seem to have a rolling 30 day validity based on usage (make a call, send an SMS, top-up for as little as 10 baht). Given the number shortage TrueMove probably wants tor recycle these numbers, and people should be aware that these are meant for tourists. If your plans call for a return to Thailand then another SIM/promotion/plan might be better utilised? If anyone has questions regarding options just ask.

I think the objective is to provide a service. Any revenue is generated/recognized upon purchase or top-up rather than as a credit left unused. But I understand everyone is always on the lookout for a "scam". rolleyes.gif

No Scam intended.....

True Sims are just unbeatable for their 1 Baht calls to most International Landlines and if you lose the number on departure I guess no big deal