Best Local Optician with Optometrist

NanLaew

Well once again, the dog took a fancy to my reading glasses and chewed off the nose and ear pads and scratched the lenses all to buggery. That was the second, spare pair and of course, it happened on the night before I left for work!

The frames are nice, expensive Flexon's that I bought overseas so just need the soft bits and new lenses. If those who are optically challenged can recommend the best service in town for same-day (or quickest) service? I will also need an eye test (the old prescription is in the UK) so would prefer a place with an optometrist on the premises that has done a decent job.

Years ago, there was only Top Charoen with all their dollies in tight white outfits but I notice that there's a much bigger choice these days.

Many thanks,

NL

Euro-Optics across from Royal Garden on 2nd Rd. . English speaking Filipina doctor on duty who knows what she's doing.

In my experience they all take about the same time since lenses are ground in Bangkok, but Euro-Optics should provide the best quality service.

http://www.eurooptic-thailand.com/

Edited by Suradit69

I bought a pair of driving glasses (as I'm nearsighted) at Beautiful Optical on Pattaya Klang near second road. They had very good service, and checked my vision both with the computer and with the old-fashioned lens thingies to make sure that everything was ok.

Went back one hour later to pick up the glasses (I guess my glasses did not require special lenses but stock lenses), and they made me take some more tests with the glasses and walk around the shop with them to make sure that the lenses were ok.

Cost was something like 6000 baht, with 4000 baht RayBan MemoRay -frames, which are flexible and thus very durable. Cheaper options were of course available also.

Are you in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai or ???????

If in CNX, Top Charoen up stairs at Big C (Hangdong Road) is very good, don't know about other branches.

My wife and I recently dealt with them and the Girl's tight white outfits didn't seem to damage their brains. In my case, I wanted to retain my old frames and just fit new lenses to two pair. They did this at a very reasonable cost. Wife went for new everything and they had an excellent range at what I feel were honest prices.

By the way..... I love the bit about the Dog. Sounds like a new variation on the old line offered by school kids. "The dog ate my homework!"

Are you in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai or ???????

If in CNX, Top Charoen up stairs at Big C (Hangdong Road) is very good, don't know about other branches.

My wife and I recently dealt with them and the Girl's tight white outfits didn't seem to damage their brains. In my case, I wanted to retain my old frames and just fit new lenses to two pair. They did this at a very reasonable cost. Wife went for new everything and they had an excellent range at what I feel were honest prices.

By the way..... I love the bit about the Dog. Sounds like a new variation on the old line offered by school kids. "The dog ate my homework!"

The clue would be the forum I posted in?

Agree about Top Charoen. The MiL needed new goggles up in Udon and the wife took her to a branch there and she was in and out in less than an hour and picked up the glasses that same afternoon.

Regarding the dog thing; the first time was my fault for leaving them on a chair in the garden overnight. She really mangled the lenses (OK, she's a bitch and not a dog) but she must have gotten a taste for them as the second pair were on the bloody table!

They all are exactly the same and at least they can give a good service with the big profit they make on glasses !

No, they are not the same. The girls working at Top, Beautiful, etc aren't doctors. And sometimes the electronic device isn't calibrated correctly. But profit margins are big, whether or not there is the turnover is another story, most are franchises.