looking for 2nd hand 2 door refrigerator [cheap]

jaideeguy

Guess he can't respond, as he sounded like a teenage troll just wasting space and time, but I will point out the obvious reasons for suggesting a PM instead of a public reply. It was mostly out of courtesy to the seller, so he wouldn't get a barrage of phone calls and for my own greedy desire to get 1st choice, as I'm the OP.

• Like 2

Thanks Sal......finally a decent suggestion. Yeah, I remember seeing them there and I'll check them out the next time I'm in the city.

Agree, there's loads up there although from memory there not much cheaper than a new one. Just think about that when your getting prices. I thought about a second hand one for the shop but after looking in several of those shops and getting prices, went for a new one. Let us know how you gothumbsup.gif

Saha Panich on the Mae Rim road sells second hand appliances just on the North side of their Toyota show room. There is also a shop on the outside of the moat between the SE corner and Chiang Mai Gate, you'll see them in front of the shop.

Thanks Sal......finally a decent suggestion. Yeah, I remember seeing them there and I'll check them out the next time I'm in the city.

Agree, there's loads up there although from memory there not much cheaper than a new one. Just think about that when your getting prices. I thought about a second hand one for the shop but after looking in several of those shops and getting prices, went for a new one. Let us know how you gothumbsup.gif

Agree that 2nd hand items from a shop are often way over priced here, but once in a while you may find a bargain............

Saha Panich on the Mae Rim road sells second hand appliances just on the North side of their Toyota show room. There is also a shop on the outside of the moat between the SE corner and Chiang Mai Gate, you'll see them in front of the shop.

Yeah, forgot about that place......thanks Dante. Does SP always have the 2nd hand appliance shop going or only at certain times of the year??

Yeah, forgot about that place......thanks Dante. Does SP always have the 2nd hand appliance shop going or only at certain times of the year??

Not sure but it seems to be open whenever I drive by and look. Might ask at Siam TV, they have to sell their repos someplace.

Got a big glass fronted chiller fridge in the second hand shop by the moat - was nearly new - has on shelf hook missing (made one with some metal and pliars :)) - cost me 10k about 2 years ago (same one in Macro was more than twice that new) - was up for 16k - talked her down to 12k and when I bought other stuff too, we settled on 10k for it (It took up a lot of space too). I also replaced the power cable end to end as it looked a little dubious to me.

What I have been after is a good sized chest freezer second hand (or cheap) - only ones I see here are cheap, but tiny. I'd like to find one like the Frozen section in Macros with the glass sliding tops.