I don't believe it

NoshowJones

There was a post on this forum which said you can go to an accountant, pay from 20-30.000 Baht per year, and he will register you with a company, and you will also get a work permit. I questioned this, and the poster replied and said it was true, he does not have any reason to lie, but I still don't believe it. If it was true, we would not need retirement extensions or require 800.000 Baht in your bank account. Where is the catch?

One catch is that the next time you go back to his office it may have disappeared. It is also illegal. People do do it though.

About things being illegal in Thailand, most times it doesn't mean a thing, ie prostitution, so called traffic laws. Your first sentence, yes, I would go along with that, you would have no protection there.

Where there is a will there is a way!

Or where there is a will there are plenty of relatives...

Interesting to know though(Don't hear about many farang on Thai scams here)

CCC

There has been a lot said about Thai scams on this forum and on Stickmans website. That's how I know about them. One example, there is said to be around 200 Farangs who are homeless and living on the streets. I don't know the percentage, but I'm sure many of these people are on the streets due to being scammed.

CCC

There has been a lot said about Thai scams on this forum and on Stickmans website. That's how I know about them. One example, there is said to be around 200 Farangs who are homeless and living on the streets. I don't know the percentage, but I'm sure many of these people are on the streets due to being scammed.

they could also be on the streets because of there own stupidity, i dont know and you dont know,

so what happens,yes youve got it lets blame a thai for ripping them off,

there was a thread in the visa section trying to say about scaming to get a visa, so many start a company, so many club together to get the 800,000bht,

it isnt just the thais who are scamers in this country,

jake

CCC

they could also be on the streets because of there own stupidity, i dont know and you dont know,

there was a thread in the visa section trying to say about scaming to get a visa, so many start a company, so many club together to get the 800,000bht,

jake

Yes, very true, some were scammed of all their money by their bargirl wives, most of the time I believe they are on the streets through their own stupidity. There are scammers in every country, especially tourist countries, and I do not believe Thailand is any worse than other tourist countries. Read my thread 'I don't believe it' on the Topics section.

• Like 1

CCC

jake

Yes, very true, some were scammed of all their money by their bargirl wives, most of the time I believe they are on the streets through their own stupidity. There are scammers in every country, especially tourist countries, and I do not believe Thailand is any worse than other tourist countries. Read my thread 'I don't believe it' on the Topics section.

Sorry Mr Pidgeonjake, please ignore my last sentence, my mistake.

• Like 1

What's the problem with just getting a work permit through normal channels? There are so many Thai companies, government departments and agencies who would love to have a farang on board. As long as you're a decent individual with some useful skill and reasonable people skills, you should have absolutely no problem finding someone to arrange your work permit.

What's the problem with just getting a work permit through normal channels? There are so many Thai companies, government departments and agencies who would love to have a farang on board. As long as you're a decent individual with some useful skill and reasonable people skills, you should have absolutely no problem finding someone to arrange your work permit.

I had a work permit for three years when I was a schoolteacher. Please tell me apart from schools, who would hire me? My only qualifications is being a musician and truck driver. I do not have a degree, and the schools in my area are hiring Philipinos because they have degrees and will work for half my wages.

I had a work permit for three years when I was a schoolteacher. Please tell me apart from schools, who would hire me? My only qualifications is being a musician and truck driver. I do not have a degree, and the schools in my area are hiring Philipinos because they have degrees and will work for half my wages.

Credit to the schools in your area!thumbsup.gif

And therein is the problem, the vast majority of farangs who try to circumnativgate the WP rules, dont have the useful/needed skills and believe they should be given a job and WP just on the basis that they have a white skin in a lot of cases.....wink.png