Which Do You Want For Pattaya?

dougrobinson2024

If you had your way, which would you rather have?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for the "Extreme City" option, but I think there is a third possibility. That is a Pattaya that is for everyone. The bars and general naughtiness will still be there and available, but not so "in yer face". I.e. there for people in the know, but family groups would not be confronted with it when they go out, as they do at the moment on Walking Street.

There are options for families at the moment: Pattaya Park, Nong Nuch etc - but there should be more - a theme park for instance. But the naughty nightlife can be kept - but be more discreet. :o

i agree with eyebee, i think it would be nice to have pattaya cleaned up and it would 'nt hurt walking st either. pattaya could still keep the adult stuff but as said before, discreet.

my business is getting more couples and families as well as single girls and guys, i'm glad to say the drunken idiots who want to fight and stick their fingers up every girl they see don't come in and if walking st especially can be free of them thats great, we still have pattayaland, soi's 6,7,8

I agree that Pattaya should be able to do both....leave Walking Street, Soi Yodsak, Pattayaland alone...they are why Pattaya is Pattaya. If the beaches clean up they could attract more family orientated businesses...I think that the islands still have untapped potential, nothing out there at night.

And Dave, where is your place? I will be moving to Pattaya, started a ltd corp last month and looking to start a business in late April to mid-May ...will stop by for a drink.

I have been coming here 15 years. The city has expanded from 60000 to nearly 200000. All built on fun or sanuk. And now I see families coming down to Walking Street for an evening stroll. Kids, grandmothers, et al. Good family entertainment that costs nothing.

To the squares, mormons, and fundamental cringers stay at home at night and leave us to enjoy ourselves. This is not just about farangs, but Thais, whose country has a long history of sanuk. Everyone wants to have a good time and it is our inalienable right to have fun. Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. 1776.

Definitely. Pattaya for the idiots, Jomtien for the families, keeps eveyone happy. This is my 4th trip and am already planning on coming back to stay permanantly in November. Just wondering though if the zoning rule goes ahead isn't that the way it's going to work anyway?

Yeah..Keep it the way it is but do something about the HA baht ..Ha baht...I said Ha Bt bus drivers.Hanging comes to mind but under our new age understanding I suppose we should request that they be sent to charm school....Ha Bt.-HA Bt-Ha Bt. :o