Have you noticed....the difference between the Chinese tourists and the Japanese?

Bri19000

I feel bad for the TV negativity and xenophobia that runs rampant on this site.. It's ironic they, well some, come to Thailand to open their minds; however, they remain tightly closed. So much easier to be negative, as dragging someone down is easier than doing something good yourself. Seriously, before you post........think. Am I actually adding something good?

How did this topic even get this far? Absolute drivel.

By people who are *completely* clueless, too. Stuck in old stereotypes. Comments like they're tourist cattle following a flag.. Maybe as little as 5 years ago, and for sure there are some of those tours around, but just look at the change..

It doesn't even make logical sense: on the very same day there is a topic about better checking drivers licenses of (Chinese) tourists. How blind do you have to be to not see a change towards independent travel, people going their own way as a couple, a family and exploring on their own.

BTW, wait for December/January, and then Chinese New Year. Winter in China and the number of visitors will be nothing you've ever seen in your life, mark my words. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Now is the main Chimese holiday of the year after Chinese New year. Then everyone goes to their families. Now is the holiday for travel.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for the TV negativity and xenophobia that runs rampant on this site.. It's ironic they, well some, come to Thailand to open their minds; however, they remain tightly closed. So much easier to be negative, as dragging someone down is easier than doing something good yourself. Seriously, before you post........think. Am I actually adding something good?

By people who are *completely* clueless, too. Stuck in old stereotypes. Comments like they're tourist cattle following a flag.. Maybe as little as 5 years ago, and for sure there are some of those tours around, but just look at the change..

It doesn't even make logical sense: on the very same day there is a topic about better checking drivers licenses of (Chinese) tourists. How blind do you have to be to not see a change towards independent travel, people going their own way as a couple, a family and exploring on their own.

BTW, wait for December/January, and then Chinese New Year. Winter in China and the number of visitors will be nothing you've ever seen in your life, mark my words. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Now is the main Chimese holiday of the year after Chinese New year. Then everyone goes to their families. Now is the holiday for travel.

Happy Christmas.

"Have you noticed....the difference between the Chinese tourists and the Japanese?"

Yep.

Most of the Chinese arrive when the CCP let's them have time off work.

Other differences also apply as other posters have posted.

Yes they speak different language ,

regards Worgeordie

I guess that's because they come from different countries---------- don't they?

You know--------- like Kiwis come from New Zealand

Until they come to Australia then we claim them Mel Gibson...the Finn brothers thumbsup.gif

Hey dont stop there....

what about Phar Lap (Race horse), Pavalova (Cake), Russell Crowe (Actor), but as usual we always say you can keep Russell. John Clarke (aka Fred Dagg in NZ) is probably more Aussie then Kiwi now clap2.gif

BTW, wait for December/January, and then Chinese New Year. Winter in China and the number of visitors will be nothing you've ever seen in your life, mark my words. thumbsup.gif

That's true.

The Japanese are very polite and are accustomed to traveling while traveling is relatively new for many Chinese. In time they will adapt. Same with the Russians. The one thing I am having a difficult time with though is the Chinese pedestrians and bicyle riders. I had a very close call today where a bicycle rider - Chinese woman 25-30ish just cut in front of me. I guess she was coming out of a small soi or driveway and turned right in front of me without looking at all. I thought for sure I was going to hit her and couldn't swerve as there was a motorcycle in the next lane. I braked - hard! and missed hitting her by an inch or two. My heart was pounding. I tried to speak with her but she ignored me and kept riding in the middle of the lane (in the old city).They have to get it together as far as traffic is concerned or they will get killed while on vacation.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 2

BTW, wait for December/January, and then Chinese New Year. Winter in China and the number of visitors will be nothing you've ever seen in your life, mark my words. thumbsup.gif

That's true.

The Japanese are very polite and are accustomed to traveling while traveling is relatively new for many Chinese. In time they will adapt. Same with the Russians. The one thing I am having a difficult time with though is the Chinese pedestrians and bicyle riders. I had a very close call today where a bicycle rider - Chinese woman 25-30ish just cut in front of me. I guess she was coming out of a small soi or driveway and turned right in front of me without looking at all. I thought for sure I was going to hit her and couldn't swerve as there was a motorcycle in the next lane. I braked - hard! and missed hitting her by an inch or two. My heart was pounding. I tried to speak with her but she ignored me and kept riding in the middle of the lane (in the old city).They have to get it together as far as traffic is concerned or they will get killed while on vacation.

During the years when I lived in Thailand, I experienced the same near-miss situations daily, Thai pulling out off of a side soi without looking. This is not a trait specific to Chinese. After driving for 4 years in Thailand, and now being in China, I must comment that that driving in China is by far safer overall, as the Chinese are actually more considerate to one another. Not to be compared with Japan, where rules are adhered to and the skill level of drivers is far better and safer.

Just saying.....

The Chinese may be masterful drivers in China, but not so much here. Thais drive much more safely in comparison.

One of the biggest problems is that the majority of them are renting scooters that they have never ridden before coupled with lack of road skills and driving "the wrong way round".

A lot of the fault lies with those that let them rent the vehicles in the first place by not checking licences, ability etc. Even got one here on TV saying that as long as they have the passport and a large deposit that is all that is required. Unfortunately until part of the responsibility falls on those renting out the vehicles nothing will improve--$$$'s.

I was speaking with the girls at the Chinese embassy a couple of weeks ago.Their workload has increased dramatically recently dealing with accidents and lost passports which they only anticipate will increase.

As for Thai drivers,motorcyclists in particular, just imagine what they would be like driving in China!

post-51-0-64683800-1381293973_thumb.jpg