BMW ActiveHybrid 3

mortenaa

It just came to my attention that BMW has launched the BMW ActiveHybrid 3 in Thailand, and with a very attractive price tag.

It seems for me like a very nice package. Has more power than a 335i. And priced at only THB4,199,000.
55hp Electric Motor
340hp Total power (!)
450nm
Then you can drive around town, using only electric. You can also start the AC from the remote. Nice! :)

And it looks great with the M Sport trim. There´s a red one at Millenium Rama 3 right now. What a beauty!

It´s not a bargain, but still "reasonable" compared to what you get (Thailand). It exceeds the "tax friendly" displacement and horsepower figures by far. I forgot to ask if is this is an imported or local made car while took a closer look. I had the same engine back home, 340hp but without Hybrid. Diesel like torque and rev happyness combined in a smooth inline six sound.

Finally i have the perfect apology to have 340hp, it´s a Hybrid biggrin.png But err where to use it, rod dit everywhere. Maybe the 320d is the better choice after all, and with some nice M parts looks the same.

E90/92 M3 then, what a nice ride, really. Thumbs up! I think the E9x series in the later years has a good qualty, the F3x series still lacks of quality and refinement. A small step down i´d say, maybe the LCI will sort that out.

I think the Active Hybrid will be a worthy successor. Except in top speed areas and very high revs the Hybrid should feel even more torquey than the M3, turbo ftw. Would be interesting to see some real life fuel figures of these two cars (if you really trade in the M).

I still gotta wait 2-3 years until it makes any sense to trade my ride sad.png Let´s see what´s in the Thai Market by then, but i guess the Hybrid 3 will still be a great choice.

P.S Take a red one please, simply love that colour on the F3x

It's an E92 yes. Very nice ride indeed. Especially on bendy roads outside town :) But it just drinks fuel like crazy. A full tank gives me anything from 250 - 300 km. I like to step on it!

Not sure what to think about the F30 myself. Haven't driven one yet. Im sure the new 4-series/M4 is going to be great (though the price aren't), but I kinda prefer a 4 door saloon. So the ActiveHybrid seems like a great mix of practicality and fun :)