Dreamliner 787 London-Phuket direct

jaffacakes1

For anyone with friends visiting from England, the direct Gatwick - Phuket flights announced by Thomson in April this year start operating from next month.

These are charter flights so dates and times are fixed but £587 return before mid December on the new Dreamliner looks fantastic even to a non-plane spotter. Saves those irritating connections in the UAE.

Schedule here;

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/features/thomson-dreamliner-flying-schedule.html

• Like 1

China air £865 to £923 / Thai £1184 /Singapore £1264 all for the same dates, when you look at high season price with Thomson they are not so cheap and fixed dates on a charter flight the direct flight is a good point but you have to get to Gatwick .

@ Peterocket i did read the post i just gave example of more popular dates for holiday time i am not trying to put down the OP

China air £865 to £923 / Thai £1184 /Singapore £1264 all for the same dates, when you look at high season price with Thomson they are not so cheap and fixed dates on a charter flight the direct flight is a good point but you have to get to Gatwick .

@ Peterocket i did read the post i just gave example of more popular dates for holiday time i am not trying to put down the OP

. Of course there is cheaper but none of those airlines fly direct and also not on the Dreamliner which to all accounts is a very comfortable aircraft.

The OP also mentioned the premium seats are £500 so if you aren't travelling in mid December you can fly business return direct for around £1200. Now that is cheap!

• Like 1

Thomson starting up holidays on Phuket Island once again. I find that both encouraging and surprising. I guess those Brit tourists will be bused every where like the Chinese and Russians. Even more coaches on the roads sad.png

“I guess those Brit tourists will be bused every where..”

I’m really quite offended by your curmudgeonly typecasting. dry.png

We’re all not wrinkly old duffers requiring frequent bussing to Bed Pan Emporiums, nae way squire. The Dublin crew and I will be flying directly there this Xmas and have no intention of bussing anywhere, using the sole services of ‘Shanks Pony’ to and from the rooms and sundry ale houses. I suggested we dump the cheap package hotel and check in at one of the many guest houses on the west coast. If you’re not fully booked up, have 5 spare double rooms and like the Irish folk (quality tourists), we have a small request; can we install our own rock and roll juke box? smile.png

Thanks in advance. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

will that be the same price for flights originating from here? that's about 29500 baht by the way

Unfortunately as this is a weekly charter flight I don't believe it would be possible to book from Phuket to London. Only London - Phuket return.

will that be the same price for flights originating from here? that's about 29500 baht by the way

Unfortunately as this is a weekly charter flight I don't believe it would be possible to book from Phuket to London. Only London - Phuket return.

Yes it's only for flights from London.

A very good friend of mine will be heading to Phuket mid December, for what will be his third consecutive XMas/New Year staying with us. Last year, and this coming December, he'll be coming from Glasgow via Dubai and then Phuket. He's booked and paid for it already, at the equivalent of circa 800 pounds. He's looked at all of the permutations of getting to Phuket, with the primary objective of avoiding going through Bangkok. The service he enjoys with Emirates, and the couple of hours transfer in Dubai is no problem whatsoever, and the price for what is a scheduled service rather than charter, is for him, more than acceptable. I'm sure that there will be many other experience stories in this thread,

• 1 month later...

I came over for 2 weeks in Nov and paid £673 return inc. baggage which is £75 more.

4 days before flight price had gone down to £540

Simarly, a return price for a week had been reduced to £429.

So grt prices for anyone who wants to head out from miserable UK to LOS for a break!

Flight was very nice too.