Want to buy House in Thai wifes name ! What and where !

Well we are finally looking to buy a house in or around the Chonburi area, We are looking for something in a 24 hr gated complex as long as we have some land for dogs to run around, Now I don't want to go crazy and pay more than 3 million baht, I think we should get something around that price after looking on websites.. What I need to know if anyone knows of areas that have new projects within the price range..

I know I cant get finance but my Wife Thai national wants to get the loan.. as we are back in Australia now for another stint of work for deposit, What sort of % deposit would we need ! Also what criterias would my Wife need to meet to get finance? As she is just a house wife here in Australia taking kids to school and everything else needs to be done..So I am the bread winner here but as I don't want to keep working to pay house in full just a precaution if shit hits the fan, So any ideas of what she needs to have for deposit? She has land if that is a bonus ! ..

You are probably wondering why I don't buy on her land !.. Well I want my 2 kids to go to International school and they don't have one school near her that is suitable.... So if I can get some good feedback and I know there will be some feedback as to say ! Don't buy house rent.. Well I am retiring early and I don't want to live and pay rent here in Australia when I retire.... Any websites that may have new house projects or areas... Thanks and stay dry over there. ............... Tinytot

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

fk.me this is a difficult one,you have no money for the dep.she is hoping to get a mortage using land as security,she doesnt have a job,i am sorry but forget it.if you read tv.regular you should know thailand is no place to be without money full stop.

OP: One of the major Thai banks has the critieria for mortgage lending to Thais in English, refer URL below, I would assume other Thai major banks would have info on their websites. My understanding is Thai banks will not accept land as a security for residential loans, but check it out...

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Loans/KHomeLoan/Pages/KHomeLoanKasikorn.aspx

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

fk.me this is a difficult one,you have no money for the dep.she is hoping to get a mortage using land as security,she doesnt have a job,i am sorry but forget it.if you read tv.regular you should know thailand is no place to be without money full stop.

mate I have money for deposit, just thought the more the better, , and land I thought may have been something they look at all she gets is from aus government of 29000 baht per month here in Australia,

mate I have money for deposit, just thought the more the better, , and land I thought may have been something they look at all she gets is from aus government of 29000 baht per month here in Australia,

your clutching for straws,you say you have the deposit but want to retire,who's going to pay for the house[mortage] not you by the sound of it.and what has her hand out in australia got to do with it.your setting up in thailand so that stops.

will the land raise the balance if she agree's to sell it,3million bht.less the deposit.my advice is wait till you have 3million baht.

then you wont have to worry about where it is going to come from.

Op...not really sure what to make of your situation....Lets see if I understand

You and your Wife live in Australia now

Want to retire to Thailand

Wife doesn't work and only owns some land (I'm guessing in the boonies as no schools around....so not worth a whole lot)

Want to buy a house for 3 million baht ....but need to borrow money.

Want your kids to go to International School (have you looked at the price yet.....Whoa!!! can get as high as 200,000/student/year!

You also state you don't want to rent in Australia....well why would you if your retiring to Thailand ....can rent a nice house in an estate in Thailand for as low as 10,000 baht/month.....might want to reconsider renting ....get a footing here in THailand ...check out all the properties and nearby areas..some houses go as low as 1.5 million baht......Just a thought

I guaranteed a loan for my wife (50% of value) but because I am 60 would only give her a 5 year loan....just me and my wife....sure others got a better deal.

Op...not really sure what to make of your situation....Lets see if I understand

You and your Wife live in Australia now

Want to retire to Thailand

Wife doesn't work and only owns some land (I'm guessing in the boonies as no schools around....so not worth a whole lot)

Want to buy a house for 3 million baht ....but need to borrow money.

Want your kids to go to International School (have you looked at the price yet.....Whoa!!! can get as high as 200,000/student/year!

You also state you don't want to rent in Australia....well why would you if your retiring to Thailand ....can rent a nice house in an estate in Thailand for as low as 10,000 baht/month.....might want to reconsider renting ....get a footing here in THailand ...check out all the properties and nearby areas..some houses go as low as 1.5 million baht......Just a thought

I guaranteed a loan for my wife (50% of value) but because I am 60 would only give her a 5 year loan....just me and my wife....sure others got a better deal.

thanks for the help,i was begining to think i am loosing my marbles.