Blocking the footpath.

Chiengmaijoe

I've heard a few complaints about election posters blocking the pavement but at least they will be removed next month. What about the permanent structures? These two are completely blocking the footpath, one is a tourist info booth (I'm tempted to stop and ask them how do I get past them without walking on the road) that no one ever visits right in front of the Governor's residence, and the other is directly opposite the Provincial Tourist Office (that hardly anyone ever visits) at the intersection of the Governor's residence, constructed for the Traffic Police. No irony intended, honestly.

post-181944-0-04876000-1381212929_thumb.

post-181944-0-65836500-1381212964_thumb.

Did I hear someone say they should know better?

Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 1

Not in Kansas now, brother.

If he's referring to it as a footpath or the pavement, he was never in Kansas to begin with.

One ought to enjoy the fact that life in Thailand was never meant to be attractive to the anal retentive, "just so" types. If it bother you that much, choose another route to get from A to B, or take a chill pill and rejoice that people here just get on with their lives without bothering about all the mole hills.

post-145917-0-50639700-1381250369_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

Not in Kansas now, brother.

If he's referring to it as a footpath or the pavement, he was never in Kansas to begin with.

One ought to enjoy the fact that life in Thailand was never meant to be attractive to the anal retentive, "just so" types. If it bother you that much, choose another route to get from A to B, or take a chill pill and rejoice that people here just get on with their lives without bothering about all the mole hills.

One does recognise and indeed enjoy the fact that life in Thailand is never going to be attractive to the anal retentive. One was merely pointing out the irony and humour of the tourist office blocking a footpath in front of the Governor's house and similarly, the traffic police doing the same in front of not only the governor's house, but also the tourist office. One must also bear in mind that a few years ago the TAT had the bright idea of targeting a niche group of tourists - the disabled. I did mention the irony of it, did I not?

By the way, although I referred to it as the pavement, as opposed to the footpath that doesn't necessarily mean I haven't been to Kansas. I haven't, but I could have.