Best current notebook deals in Bangkok or online in Thailand

bombis

I'm looking for a cheap notebook, no gaming machine or a real workhorse. I just wanna take it for light work when I'm traveling weekends. I have a desktop at home anyways.

Best deal I found so far is an Ativ 4 with an i3 processor for 12,900: http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/notebooks-laptops/samsung/

Thats pretty good but I was wondering if there is anything better out there? I do not want to spend more then around 15,000. Does not need to have a Win license.

If you have a Tesco nearby then take a look at what they have. Often they will have clearance models going cheap but that Samsung seems ok for the price, check online reviews in case there are any issues with that model. I have a smaller Samsung myself, lesser CPU and use it while travelling and it's fine if you don't play games. One advantage with something a bit smaller is it will fit in almost all hotel room safes while a 14" might not, if that matters to you.

BIG-C often has good promotions on LENOVO laptops. Their build quality is among the best and there is a pretty good selection in the 10 to 15 K baht range. You won't get the fastest processors but you will find 4 Gigs of memory with 500G hard drives if you shop carefully.