Man arrested for murder for 17-year-old girl he met on Facebook

webfact

Phuket News: Man arrested for murder for 17-year-old girl he met on Facebook

KANCHANABURI:-- A man wanted for the killing of a 17-year-old girl he met on Facebook has been caught in Kanchanaburi province.

Chon Buri police chief Pol Maj Gen Katcha Thatsart said the suspect was identified as Mana Lerdraksa, a 52-year-old security guard.

Kannika Prakorbsuk, 35, the victim’s mother, told police that her daughter disappeared on October 3. She said her son last saw his sister driving off with Mr Mana on the back of a motorcycle.

Ms Kannika said her daughter had met the man on Facebook. He allegedly told her that he was in his 30s and earning a decent salary.

Police found the dead body of the teenager at Mr Mana’s home in Chon Buri on Oct 4. The murder suspect was also found at the scene of the crime, very ill after trying to commit suicide by drinking liquid bathroom cleaner.

Mr Mana was taken to Phanat Nikhom Hospital in Chon Buri, but fled from his sick bed and went on the run. Police tracked him down and arrested him three days later in Kanchanaburi province.

The security guard allegedly confessed that he had talked the teenager into having sex with him, but became angry with her when she complained that he had lied about his age.

He strangled her and poured liquid bathroom cleaner down her throat, then also drank the liquid in an attempt to kill himself.

Police charged Mr Mana with first degree murder and abducting a minor and took him to the crime scene to re-enact what happened, said Pol Maj Gen Katcha. The man could also face rape charges, pending results of an autopsy.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-10-10

This guy is a real piece of s**t. Its bad enough he lies to a young woman to get in her pants (he is certainly not the first) but to kill her for calling him out on it is despicable. He should have been happy as hell she willingly agreed at all....if his story that she willingly agreed is even true.

This is a common occurrence worldwide. The internet has made it easier for all sorts of perverts and sociopaths to prey upon the young and naive. If schools are supposed to educate children on how to function in today's world, how about teaching them the dangers of befriending strangers on the internet?

Just another thought....

"Police charged Mr Mana with first degree murder and abducting a minor and took him to the crime scene to re-enact what happened, said Pol Maj Gen Katcha. The man could also face rape charges"

How does he re-enact the rape?

• Like 1

If the police re-enact what happened, can they make sure he drink some more liquid bathroom cleaner ???

Please ????

No, let's hear of him getting the death sentence and spend a long time in Pattaya prison, the number 2 to the Bangkok Hilton and he will get some lessons there boys.

what a P.O.S. hope he gets what's coming to him. surely the name can't be right can it? Mana Lerdraksa? sounds like a Slovak name. maybe something lost in translation.

As foreigners have been comming here for centuries, some names do have a foreign connection, as in Shin becomes Shinawat or Wong becomes Wongsawat or Juanita becomes Wanida.

I wonder why she still got on his motorcycle after seeing him in real.

Also wonder why her brother didn't go after his sister sitting on the back of a motorcycle of an old stranger.

Could very well be because she desperately needed the money, she probably had been promised, for having an intimate session with the stranger.

He told her he would take her to meet his parents and he wanted to help support her education .Apparently he wore a motorbike helmet with a full face covering to get over the lie about his age and the use of someone else's face on facebook.

"He told he was in his 30s, and earning a decent salary"

And that was good enough for the mother, to send her daughter on her way on the back of a motorbike with a complete stranger!bah.gif

He would have had no problem finding "takers" by submitting his actual age and offering a financial incentive.

• Like 1

"The security guard allegedly confessed that he had talked the teenager into having sex with him, but became angry with her when she complained that he had lied about his age."

...hardly ever heard about any better reason to kill someone!

R.I.P.

• Like 1

I wonder why she still got on his motorcycle after seeing him in real.

Also wonder why her brother didn't go after his sister sitting on the back of a motorcycle of an old stranger.

Could very well be because she desperately needed the money, she probably had been promised, for having an intimate session with the stranger.

A crass and unnecessary comment Mr Xonax.

A young girl is dead. She was (in all likelihood) raped before being strangled and having lavatory cleaner poured down her throat.

There is absolutely no basis for your suggestion that she was a willing party to "an intimate session" for payment. In fact, everything we know (from the article) tells us that she was cruelly tricked.

• Like 1

And that was good enough for the mother, to send her daughter on her way on the back of a motorbike with a complete stranger!bah.gif

Where does it say anything about the mother sending her off?

"She said her son last saw his sister driving off with Mr Mana on the back of a motorcycle."

Never let the facts get in the way of one's own bigotry, eh?

Agree. What an idiotic statement by soi41...although hardly unexpected.

Where does it say anything about the mother sending her off?

"She said her son last saw his sister driving off with Mr Mana on the back of a motorcycle."

Never let the facts get in the way of one's own bigotry, eh?

Agree. What an idiotic statement by soi41...although hardly unexpected.

And no comment from yourself about how lovely Thai people are.

Pot, kettle, kettle, pot.

Well I hope this is the guys 1st offense, then a minimal fine and perhaps 30 days probation should rehabilitate him to be a productive member of Thai society again.

Again, I'd rather read some nice articles. This is another tragedy and loss of human life.

"The security guard allegedly confessed that he had talked the teenager into having sex with him, but became angry with her when she complained that he had lied about his age."

...hardly ever heard about any better reason to kill someone!

R.I.P.

A world drunk with passion.

Too much, one feels. Too many Crimes of Passion. Makes one wonder whether children really need to be blinded by love or need to made ashamed of their own skin. Humans are the only species that does that to children. And the only species that is inhumane. The only species that fights wars. Enslaves. Communicates with violent rage. Kills for imagined feelings. Kills without feeling anything. Boys have been literally dying to impress for a long time now. Or dying for failing to impress.

"If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another."

- the Buddha

RIP

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this scumbag rots in jail for the rest of his natural life and that the liquid he consumed will give him unimaginable pain every day to kill a person in anger is unacceptable rot in hell !!!!!!!!

The prisons are crowded enough already. End his pathetic life. I doubt if he will survive much past his imprisonment though, because drinking such toxic poison has surely caused serious damage.

Some people are so sad that they punish and kill someone for speaking the truth after they have been lying. I had an English friend who I recently discovered was creating all kinds of lies about me and ruining other friendships. I have always found that speaking the truth is much more interesting and fun. I do not tolerate this kind of mentality and ex-communicated all persons who cant' be honest. I did it before things progressed to a bigger problem. I suggest to anyone else to do the same. I realize that this woman didn't have much time to question his story, but she should have taken him in to meet some of the family and been less trusting. But money and desperation makes people do very stupid things. I truly hope that this story gets enough publicity that young women and parents learn and become more careful.

Well I hope this is the guys 1st offense, then a minimal fine and perhaps 30 days probation should rehabilitate him to be a productive member of Thai society again.

Again, I'd rather read some nice articles. This is another tragedy and loss of human life.

I take it that this comment is meant to be sarcasm? Hard to believe that anyone would be so sympathetic to someone commiting such a heinous crime.