Cheap (but nice?) place to stay for a few days in Rayong

mattk1

Hi guys,

I am planning on taking the missus and our 16 month old son down to Rayong for a few days (coming from Khon Kaen).

I have checked out some places on the Agoda iphone app and it doesn't return so much. I had almost decided to just head down there and see what's available on the night but then I thought it might be worth a shot asking on here..

Anyway if anyone knows of any little gem places then I'd be very pleased to hear about them smile.png

Cheers guys thumbsup.gif

We stayed at Purimis Hotel a few years ago, right on its own beach. I think it is nearer to Bang Chang but still only about a 10 minute drive to Rayong if I remember correctly. We got a very good deal at the time through some agent I found through an Inernet search. We visit Pattaya each year for 2 weeks and always visit the hotel for lunch, still very nice.

sorry should have added very quiet not much else around except a few very nice seafood beach restaurants a few hundred metres away at the next beach.

Edited by Billmont
  • Like 1

We stayed at Purimis Hotel a few years ago, right on its own beach. I think it is nearer to Bang Chang but still only about a 10 minute drive to Rayong if I remember correctly. We got a very good deal at the time through some agent I found through an Inernet search. We visit Pattaya each year for 2 weeks and always visit the hotel for lunch, still very nice.

sorry should have added very quiet not much else around except a few very nice seafood beach restaurants a few hundred metres away at the next beach.

Purimas is a 10 minute drive from Ban Chang (about 6km) and would be closer to 20-30 minute drive to Rayong (if the traffic on Sukumvit is behaving itself)...Ban Chang to Rayong city is about 30km

It is a nice enough hotel/resort but a bit out in the boonies, if you have a car this is ok, but if no transport will be a bit problematic getting around.

for me for a close/quick get away weekend...Koh Samet / Koh Chang of wanting to stay onshore done Rayong Resort a couple of times and its ok

http://www.rayongresort.com/en/index.php?gclid=CNrE3o69kLoCFfF04godg3cAwQ

• Like 1