Hong Kong - where to go please?

kunash

hi. I am planning a trip to HK staying on the Kowloon waterfront for a few days.

I have been here once before. I remember taking a bus around the island to Stanley market - which I enjoyed. I bought some nice art work here.

I am looking to buy some more artwork (pictures). cheapish, locally drawn art.

where is a good place to go to buy this please?

what is the best shopping centre to go to ( anything similar to central world in BKK )? mainly for fashion for the wife.

anything else to do?

thanks for replies

Hong Kong is full of upmarket shopping Malls, it is also well represented by the street vendor style markets. For such items as artwork etc, apart from Stanley try Mongkok/ Yamatai areas, all easily accessible by MTR. It's also worth while a couple of hours of trawling the back streets of TST.

Hi Kunash.

As nonthaburiul mentions, Hong Kong is full of up market malls.

Central area and Wan Chai might be your best bet.

For the paintings I would try Ladder Street or Alley Alley, both on the Hong Kong mainland and within walking distance of Central and both are day markets.

However, the night market at Temple Street would probably be the best bet.

To get to Temple Street just jump on the MTR at TST and get off at Jordan (the first stop).

You would definitely be able to get some artwork in Chungking Mansions (TST) but be aware that this is the place where god would stick the tube if he wanted to give the world an enema. biggrin.png

Little tip, if you use Mach 3 razor blades, stock up while you are in HK, as they are about half the price as in Thailand (even though they are made in Thailand (Lad Krabang).facepalm.gif

Anyway, I hope that you and your wife have a nice trip.

Hi there

Have a look at this website http://hongkongartalliance.com/

If you are looking for something slightly cheaper i suggest try Yan Gallery(Local & International) Hollywood Rd, Central

UFO Gallery, Graham Rd, Central. You could also check out fringeclub website gor upcoming exhibitions.

As other posters suggested you could try Temple Street Night market in Jordan, Kowloon ( clothes, shoes, bags, dvds, sex tous lol arts massags etc)

Now shopping malls :)

1. Pacific Place, Admiralty ($$$-$$$$)

2. Time Sqaure, Causeway Bay ($$-$$$$)

3. IFC Mall, Central ($$-$$$$)

4. Landmark, Central($$$-$$$$

5. Elements Plaza, Kowloon Station($$$-$$$$)

Now is the best time to visit honky, have fun ♪

post-186050-0-39836600-1381397124_thumb.