Soi Dogs/cats And Fleas

I like animals and am somewhat of a good Samaritan... there are about 3 dogs and 2 cats that have decided to make the front of my house their home. I've noticed that the dogs are always scratching away and have some fur missing,etc. so i would like to get some flea collars for them. However, I went to the local pet shop and they only had that stuff you put behind their necks, which costs 1500baht per animal (x5 = 7500baht... i'd like to help out the animals, but that's a bit steep). Do they sell simple flea collars anymore? Does the flea juice really help more than the collars? Can't cat's just lick the stuff off? What would be a cheaper solution to helping these animals? Any suggestions?

Teej

Are you sure they don't have mange? Because most of the soi dogs & cats suffer of mange and they will need injections.

For fleas you can try teatree oil, a drop in the neck and beginning of the tail. Or put a few drops of teatree oil in some water and spray it over them. Every day!

You could also buy a bottle of neemoil in the petshop and rub them in with the stuff, smells like hel_l!!! :o Or try to give them a clove of garlic, will be difficult for cats! :D Eating yoghurt is also helpfull, they say, but my dogs don't like it!

Front Line is good stuff for fleas and ticks, but very expensive and only effective for 3 weeks.

I always feel sorry when I see those soidogs scratching all day long! :D Good luck!