Tourists Shocked As They See Oil Slicks Throughout Bangsaen Beach

Rimmer

Tourists Shocked As They See Oil Slicks Throughout Bangsaen Beach

231.jpg

BANGSAEN:--An enormous amount of oil was found on the beachside of Bang Saen, causing worries to both Thai and foreign visitors.

CHONBURI – October 10, 2013 [PDN]; Local journalists reported that leaked oil slicks were found throughout the lengthy Bang Saen beach. Oil was also found within the sea water, worrying tourists that came to visit the beach.

Visitors from Bangkok told reporters that they drove about 130 Km. from Bangkok in order to visit their weekend getaway, Bang Saen. But when they were about to go into the water, they were able to pick up a sophisticated smell of oil. As they walked further down the beach, they saw slicks of oil throughout the beach which shocked them as they have not seen anything like this before.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/11/tourists-shocked-as-they-see-oil-slicks-throughout-bangsaen-beach/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-10-11

2 or 3 days ago i also spotted a huge slick,, of something,, at jomtien beach.. was an orange color,,, about 500 meters long in chaiyapruk area... lasted for about 2 hours before disapating into the sea... did not look like it was visable from sea level as most people were still swimming in it,,, but as i live high up in a condo over looking the area, could see it easily...

just put it down to someone poured something into drain pipe and it flowed out of a drainage pipe?????????????????????????????????????

2 or 3 days ago i also spotted a huge slick,, of something,, at jomtien beach.. was an orange color,,, about 500 meters long in chaiyapruk area... lasted for about 2 hours before disapating into the sea... did not look like it was visable from sea level as most people were still swimming in it,,, but as i live high up in a condo over looking the area, could see it easily...

just put it down to someone poured something into drain pipe and it flowed out of a drainage pipe?????????????????????????????????????

Probably Algae, you get a lot of it at this time of year.

It will go away in the next few weeks but don't swim in it!

Tourists shocked from a little oil???? Thailand has garbage and oil all over the place, what is it going to take for the Thai to get their act together?

10.000 pictures of shocked tourists with ruined vacations who put their put their pictures all over the web? Welcome to Thailandwai2.gif Please when you leave come back for morewai2.gif

Edited by Rimbuman