Which BKK hotel you don´t mind to be stuck for 4 days?

THAIPHUKET

With 159 4 star and 67 5 star properties a rather difficult question giggle.gif

4 star: I like the Pullman King Power, walking distance to Victory Monument, have free tuk tuk, many eateries within 5 minute walk.

Will stay next week at 5* Sofitel Sukhumvit for 2nd time, a few minutes walk from Terminal 21, my preferred BKK hotel for the time being.

Eastin Grand Sathorn. Nice gym, great infinity pool view, decent exec floor benefits, nice Italian and Chinese restaurant and if you do venture out it's directly linked to the BTS at Surasak station.

http://www.eastingrandsathorn.com/default-en.html

Yes the cocktails on the exec floor are rather good! thumbsup.gif

pfft ... soon you'll be telling us you traverse the planes threshold and turn left to the pointy end ... laugh.png

• Like 1

Eastin Grand Sathorn. Nice gym, great infinity pool view, decent exec floor benefits, nice Italian and Chinese restaurant and if you do venture out it's directly linked to the BTS at Surasak station.

http://www.eastingrandsathorn.com/default-en.html

Yes the cocktails on the exec floor are rather good! Posted Image

pfft ... soon you'll be telling us you traverse the planes threshold and turn left to the pointy end ...  Posted Image

Yes I will be David. :D

Urbana Langsuan is pretty good, if you can get one of the suites (1 or 2 bed + living room). Chid Lom BTS about 5 minutes walk, easy to get anywhere if you do decide to venture out.

Pool, bar etc if you don't. Bank/ATM across the street. 7-11 close by too. Decent noodle soup just before the 7 if that's the kind of thing you like as well :)

How about the best hotel at Suvarnabhumi International Airport? Flying in on ANA from Narita, departing the next morning 0800 on the TG flight to Krabi. Looked at the Novotel but $150 seems high.

What other very close hotel could someone recently recommend? Saw other postings but looking for recent insights.

Edited by jcmarcus

Dusit Princess srinakarin is quite close to the airport, not sure the prices but not expensive. taxi it both ways

Your definition of quite close and my definition of quite close vary quite differently :P

Might as well go into the city if you choose to stay at the Dusit Princess or even the Novotel Bangna or The Maple Leaf Hotel - never been to either of these suggestions but the Maple Leaf's sure got some architectural nuances to it.

Being the "only" hotel at the airport the Novotel's not too bad, a tad overpriced for what it is, but then again it is - for the time being - the only airport hotel, there's a Le Meridien Resort opening sometime in the next couple of years - slated for June 2014 but I'll bet the farm that won't happen - on the Summit Windmill Golf Course but it's still not going to beat the Novotel for being a hotel "at" Swampy.