Extending 30 dayd of arrival

If I get 30 days on arrival,and want to extend what do., and when do I do it.EG Do I do it on day 30 a visa run to Cambodia or day or 2 before eg 28 day.Is my passport stamped day 28 day or day 30 from when I arrived in LOS giving me an extra 15 days.Also can I do a visa run twice on the 30 day visa exempt,

Thank you

If you are from a normal visa exempt country you can exit/return by air for 30 day say or by land for 15 day stay and this can be done several times in a row if you want and for max stay you would do on last day of permitted to stay stamp. You could also visit a Thai Consulate in another country for a tourist visa allowing a 60 day stay on return to Thailand.

The 15 days start on the day you enter the country including that day. You could do 2 border runs back to back.

The problem you could have is boarding your flight without a ticket out of the country within 30 days.

The best option would be to get a tourist visa that would give you 60 days on entry extendable at immigration by 30 days.

I did three back-to-back border runs to Cambodia without an issue. I was not even told that I couldn't do a fourth one.

Boarding without a return ticket not even an issue at least for me.

Sure in hindsight a tourist visa would have been a much better idea, but one can't always plan perfectly.

Edited by paz

The other did not answer correctly your anser. You are asking for an extension of your 30-day visa-free entry, right? So you have to go to the nearest Thai immigration and ask for extension of your stay. They will give you another 30 days (not one month) and it will cost you 1900 Baht.

The other did not answer correctly your anser. You are asking for an extension of your 30-day visa-free entry, right? So you have to go to the nearest Thai immigration and ask for extension of your stay. They will give you another 30 days (not one month) and it will cost you 1900 Baht.

Other than the 7 day allowance to exit the country, Immigrations will not give you an extension if you are in the country based on a visa exempt entry.