50K give-up smoking bet, breathalyser?

Satcommlee

OK, determined to give up smoking, a work colleague and I decided to make a bet that the first person to smoke a cigarette has to pay the other 50K.

I'm doing fine at the moment but I suspect my adversary is having the sly cigarette out of sight of others.

Is there like a breathalyser I can buy to catch him out and claim my 50K?

Suggestions appreciated..

There is a breathalyser that measures the Carbon Monoxide levels. These can indicate smoking.

You can smoke an electronic cigarette without it affecting the readout as they don't involve CO.

Something like this : http://www.covita.net/whatissmokerlyzer.html

I have no idea where you might get one in Thailand.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

There is a breathalyser that measures the Carbon Monoxide levels. These can indicate smoking.

You can smoke an electronic cigarette without it affecting the readout as they don't involve CO.

Something like this : http://www.covita.net/whatissmokerlyzer.html

I have no idea where you might get one in Thailand.

I've done a bit of reading about and come across that sort of thing, I need something I know I can buy in Thailand.

The fingertip inspections are not working.. I've never seen him chew gum before so I am suspicious :-)

Testing for the presence of nicotine isn't the same as testing for smoking. Gum, patches and electronic cigarettes would all elevate nicotine levels.

Do insurance companies test for the presence of nicotine instead of actual smoking ?

• Like 1

Testing for the presence of nicotine isn't the same as testing for smoking. Gum, patches and electronic cigarettes would all elevate nicotine levels.

Do insurance companies test for the presence of nicotine instead of actual smoking ?

When me and the wife got Life insurance this was the test they used.

I presume if you have Nicotine in your system you are a higher risk, so higher premiums or no cover.

CCC

Ask yourself what is more important; that YOU managed to give up smoking or that you can cash in a peanutty 50K on your bet...?

Good on you!

Are you kidding!!! I want the 50K biggrin.png

There's nothing like catching your mate with his pants down...

The longer you stop smoking the better your sense of smell becomes. After he goes for his 'walk' just get close to him and sniff the air. Cigarette smoke will linger on his breath and on his clothes. Of course if he uses an 'E' vapouriser this won't happen, does your bet forbid the use of these devices or just ordinary cigarettes?

Ask yourself what is more important; that YOU managed to give up smoking or that you can cash in a peanutty 50K on your bet...?

Good on you!

There's nothing like catching your mate with his pants down...

You don't know some of my mates, some of them fully clothed would sour milk ;) (joke)

But seriously, someone who cheats to win a bet knows that they have cheated, that makes for a very hollow victory.

Just be satisfied in the knowledge that you haven't cheated and you have stopped smoking, if you have of course.

Good on you!

What every you do Satcommlee ... don't get on the piss ... my downfall the first time, second, third time I tried that.

that said ... get him on the drink and only have water yourself ... might work ... whistling.gif

How long will the bet be effective?

I mean, after 12 years, you guys will still have the bet going?

I guess so, no terms were set..

The whole point is that 50K is a lot of money, and I don't want to lose it, hence my chances of giving up are better.

It's only day 4 violin.gif

How long will the bet be effective?

I mean, after 12 years, you guys will still have the bet going?

I guess so, no terms were set..

The whole point is that 50K is a lot of money, and I don't want to lose it, hence my chances of giving up are better.

It's only day 4 violin.gif

I guess 12 years down the road, with trying to catch each other with the pants down, both of you have started to show a bit of paranoia.

lol

kidding.

Joke aside,

good luck with quit smoking.

I have been off for more than 2 years now, after 33 years with cigs.