Police book overdue

What Namphonny calls the "police book" is probably what the member who started the topic Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process called the Alien Registration book and looks like this:

post-21260-0-42794800-1381616173.jpg

At periodic intervals – I believe five years – the holder of this book must go to his local police station and get a stamp in it. I am unable to answer the OP's questions regarding what happens if this visit is made late.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion - "police book" is what the Thais call it but Alien Registration Book is no doubt better. It is indeed the one in the photograph and on the front cover it has "important document for alien"engraved in Thai.

I realise that this is probably of minority interest so that I am unlikely to get any more info. However, I shall find out first hand on Monday and shall post an update with the result for reference purposes.

Nam.

Question might best answered in that thread. There was a recent mentioning of this.

if I recall correctly there is a fine of something like 500 baht and the person in question had to report again after 1 year instead of 5 years. All in all not too serious.

I was in a similar situation. All Permanent Residents over the age of 12 must have an Alien Registration Certificate and children turning 12 must register within 7 days. I forgot to register my daughter after her 12th birthday and by the time I remembered, we were two weeks late. Registration proceeded as normal at the police station and after the book was completed, we were sent downstairs to the booking desk. There was some debate about the scale of the penalty to be levied and I was starting to get worried that some exorbitant sum would be demanded for our tardiness. They eventually decided that 100 baht was the correct amount. An official receipt was issued.

• Like 1

They are very lenient about this and only fine you Bt100. Even if you are a year overdue as I was. However the police now call me and remind me. It is correct that if you are overdub you get only one year than next time 5 years