Accommodation

jrc1

I have been to Pattaya on a number of occasions and I am looking at having my next visit in about three months time. On my previous visiits I have only stayed for 10 -15 days, this time however, I am looking at staying for a full month.

Normally I have just rented a room for around 500 Baht a day, however this time I would like to rent a Condiminium, that is furnished, has access to a swimming pool and UBC TV, it would also have to be within walking distance from Walking Street. I am willing to pay around 10 - 12000 Baht for the month. My questions are:

1. Firstly are there Condiminiums that would meet my criteria available for only one month rental or is there a minimum rental period ?

2. If they are available are there any pitfalls such as bond payment etc ?

3. I assume I would have to pay for electricity and water how much would this be for average consumption ? and

4. Are there any hidden costs I should be aware of.

Regards

John

Many hotels offer large discounts for "long stays", especially at this time of year (low season).

As well, there are numerous "serviced" apartments (basically a hotel, with sheets/towels changed every day, room cleaned, fresh T.P. in the toilet ect.).

I have 2 friends living on Central Pattaya Road, paying between 8-10,000 per month. Smile Court (2nd Road - soi 15) has rooms for 15,000/month (but tiny bathrooms :o ).

Soi DayNight 1 (by the Flamingo Hotel) has a number of new serviced apartments, ranging from 6-12,000 per month.

Watch out for additional electricity costs, especially if you are hooked on your air-conditioner. Water and cable TV is (should be) fairly cheap though.

(I have a tiny Thai style apartment that I started renting while working overseas. It was easier and cheaper to rent the apartment year-round, rather than stay in a hotel for various periods and have to pack every thing up each trip.

Rent is 2,500/month. Electricity bill is averaging 3,500 a month ! :D We (tenants) pay extra though, to cover the owners costs for their own electricity use, including the laundry downstairs).

Some places may require a deposit, but the places my friends are in don't. They don't have swimming pools either.

There are sooooo many places available, you may want to consider renting a hotel room for 2-3 days, and then scouting the area you want to be in.

try holiday mansion soi13 3rd,

9000 baht a month electricity extra.

has a nice pool rooms are good only a small tv only downside.

in fact i fly out today and will be staying there for 1 month.. nev

I have been to Pattaya on a number of occasions and I am looking at having my next visit in about three months time. On my previous visiits I have only stayed for 10 -15 days, this time however, I am looking at staying for a full month.

Normally I have just rented a room for around 500 Baht a day, however this time I would like to rent a Condiminium, that is furnished, has access to a swimming pool and UBC TV, it would also have to be within walking distance from Walking Street. I am willing to pay around 10 - 12000 Baht for the month. My questions are:

1. Firstly are there Condiminiums that would meet my criteria available for only one month rental or is there a minimum rental period ?

2. If they are available are there any pitfalls such as bond payment etc ?

3. I assume I would have to pay for electricity and water how much would this be for average consumption ? and

4. Are there any hidden costs I should be aware of.

Regards

John

Rent a CONDO for 12000 baht or do you mean a hotel on a long term basis?

10,000 -- 12,000 for a one month stay? .. doable .. places like View talay Condo 2 etc

I've tried getting a hold of View Talay.

I want to do the same thing in October.

They said they don't do "vacation rentals".

It means they do only a one year minimum lease.

I think a lot of the condos are like this.

Is there a place I can rent, where I can get the internet hooked up?

• 1 month later...

The View Talay building offices, or developers, don't do any rentals. I think they must be too busy constucting more buildings.

Actually, we just got notices under our doors at View Talay that the management has provided Wi-Fi internet connections throughout the whole View Talay 1 complex. But there is a fee of 1,500B/m for it. Already I find free open wi-fi connections around the complex already though, so I just use that.