First Time In Thailand

Papo

Hiya all, Am a 29yr old Brit of India origin coming to Thailand for the first time on May 11.. Plan is to spend 2 days in Pattaya and spend the rest of the time in Bangkok.

just wanted to get suggestions on things I should definately not miss and also things I should absolutely avoid i.e. the regular tourist traps.

Also, as I have yet to do my hotel bookins, suggestions on areas I should look at staying in are also welcome. Agenda is to do some sight seeing, soak in the local environs and generally have a party.

My email address is [email protected].

Many thanks and cheers

Papo

Papo

If you are here to party, then consider increasing your stay in Pattaya.

Bangkok is a party town with sightseeing thrown in as an afterthought, but Pattaya seems to extend the party hours to the limit.

In Bangkok, consider staying off Sukhumvitt Rd., between Soi 3 and Soi 23, this is the Nana & Soi Cowboy area of Bangkok.

Depends what you are after. If its culture then any good guide book will give you main things to see but of it is more adult entertainment then search the web and you get some good advice. Try www.bangkokbob.net

My experience of Pat Pong is that it is a tourist trap. So unless you have a particular fetish for ping pong balls then Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are more laid back.

My view on hotels is that somewhere at top end of Sukumvit is most central area to stay for evening entertainment.

Tourist sites - Must do is the Grand Palace and Reclining Buddha and trip up the river is a nice relaxing thing to do.

Guest endure

On your first visit (you will come again) you shouldn't avoid the 'tourist traps'. They're traps for a very good reason. The Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew (the Temple of the Emerald Buddha) are a must

• 1 month later...
Hiya all, Am a 29yr old Brit of India origin coming to Thailand for the first time on May 11.. Plan is to spend 2 days in Pattaya and spend the rest of the time in Bangkok.

just wanted to get suggestions on things I should definately not miss and also things I should absolutely avoid i.e. the regular tourist traps.

Also, as I have yet to do my hotel bookins, suggestions on areas I should look at staying in are also welcome. Agenda is to do some sight seeing, soak in the local environs and generally have a party.

My email address is [email protected].

Many thanks and cheers

Papo :o:D

darling keep away from the atm girls