Thai Police doctor Supat, wife get five years jail for stealing pickup

webfact

Police doctor Supat, wife get five years jail for stealing pickup
The Nation

30217195-01_big.JPG

PHETCHABURI: -- The Phetchaburi Court yesterday sentenced police doctor Supat Laohawattana to a five-year jail term for stealing the Numjui family's pick-up truck.

The court also gave Supat's third wife Wilsa Chanthornbanchorn, the lawsuit's second defendant, the same sentence but reduced it to three years and four months due to her "useful" testimony to police investigators.

Supat was accused of killing at least four people including Samart Numjui and his wife Orasa Kerdsap, who went missing in Tha Yang district four years ago. He was taken into custody last year after three skeletons were discovered on his property in Phetchaburi.

Earlier, the truck belonging to Samart and Orasa was found at Supat's mother's house in Nonthaburi.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-16

What the story doesn't mention is, that "Dr Death" was released on bail after the police found bodyparts all over his orchard!whistling.gif

So he is not in the picture, probably because he is not in the country. Having a look at his wife, I would stay abroad too.

Thai "justice" at its best!w00t.gif

OK, the 2nd wife is called Mia Noi...is the third wife called Mia Noi Noi? So confusing...simpler would be Spare Wife and Backup Spare Wife. But the real question is what happened to the murder accusation...was the good doctor ever charged with murder? Or is conviction of vehicle theft (property theft) considered a greater crime than murder (taking human life)? Thailand, you keep me so confuse...but I'm sure the next well written Nation article (which would be their first) will clear everything up for me.

Let me get this straight here. As the newspaper prints it, this guy Supat is accused of killing four people, but the news is that he was convicted of "stealing" their truck. This makes a lot of sense and is an excellent example of Thai journalism and behavior at its best.

"Supat was accused of killing at least four people including Samart Numjui and his wife..."

So, as I read the way this article was written... if you kill 4 people and steal a truck, you only get tried for stealing the truck? Lesson to be learned. If someone pi-ses you off, make sure you steal his truck before you kill him. Then you only get sentenced to about one year imprisonment for each person you kill.crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Man, without a body there's no evidence so they couldn't convict him on murder, yet. They could prove that he stole the car and that's what he was sentenced for. They only found the skeletons in his garden last year, so I'm assuming that trial is still going on or is in preparation.

Sorry did the killing case not have had any priority to car theft?? Sorry, I'm I just being a stupid Farang, that I do not get it..

A car is more worth then a life in the land of smiles.....

You got it. Kill me, beat or rape me but never steal from me or else you will go down.

Edited by chooka

Has the murder rap been sorted out yet? Or they just deal with the more serious pickup theft?

....that was the deal....don't ruin his name with murder charges.....$$$$.....

....charge him with auto theft.....5 years wil be reduced to........$$$...........

A doctor, also a member of the Royal Thai Police, wife and Mia noi, etc. are the characters in this real life Thai story.

Now we know where all those tawdry Thai soap opera writers get their inspiration from: real life in Thailand!

What the story doesn't mention is, that "Dr Death" was released on bail after the police found bodyparts all over his orchard!whistling.gif

So he is not in the picture, probably because he is not in the country. Having a look at his wife, I would stay abroad too.

Thai "justice" at its best!w00t.gif

No no no. The most serious crime is of course stealing the pick up truck....

Has the murder rap been sorted out yet? Or they just deal with the more serious pickup theft?

....that was the deal....don't ruin his name with murder charges.....$$$$.....

....charge him with auto theft.....5 years wil be reduced to........$$$...........

Oh, I remember now, the victim was Burmese.

Seems link TV "member" won't spare any good occasion to contempt the court.

As somebody said, this is just the trail can have be done faster. The murder one takes longer, and will come after. Happens in other countries as well.

In the meanwhile he the got maxium sentencing, as evidently nobody gets 5 years for stealing a vehicle on a first offense.

Nothing indicates the doctor is walking free.

"Supat was accused of killing at least four people including Samart Numjui and his wife..."

So, as I read the way this article was written... if you kill 4 people and steal a truck, you only get tried for stealing the truck? Lesson to be learned. If someone pi-ses you off, make sure you steal his truck before you kill him. Then you only get sentenced to about one year imprisonment for each person you kill.crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Exactly ! I wonder who are these monkeys "journalists" ! A 10 years old can write a lot better than them...

He has been charged with the murder of the two missing people who owned the pickup. As stated in a previous post, the murder investigation & trial will take longer.

Unfortunately, once again the court has granted him bail on the murder charge. What the report (and a similar one in the Bangkok Post) doesn't say is if he is now in jail. I rather doubt it.

OK, the 2nd wife is called Mia Noi...is the third wife called Mia Noi Noi? So confusing...simpler would be Spare Wife and Backup Spare Wife. But the real question is what happened to the murder accusation...was the good doctor ever charged with murder? Or is conviction of vehicle theft (property theft) considered a greater crime than murder (taking human life)? Thailand, you keep me so confuse...but I'm sure the next well written Nation article (which would be their first) will clear everything up for me.

I believe his son was implicated too in the killings, but guys please he is dr working for the police case closed does this really surprise you ?????