Any legal office to help me start buisness in SDD? Or Udon?

bowitz

Any legal office to help me set up a buisness in Sawang Daen Din? (dont think so, but Udon will do).

And anyone know the cost to start up? Either in my name or my wifes name. To set everything up will cost me about 7-800k.

And spare me the lectures saying its a waste of time and to save my money. I have read them all.

Thanks

You must do more reading beforehand. Start with "Work-Permit".

Cheers.

Who says anything about working? Just setting up a company, im not gonna work in it. Just run it from the backround smile.png

Running it from the background? Every time you pick up the phone on behalf of the business, every time you run an errand for the business, every time you empty a waist basket: It's work !

But not to worry: Any legal-firm will automatically supply you with a work-permit upon formation of a company (it's all included in the package).

- There are thousands of Farangs working in Thailand without work-permit. It only becomes an issue, if somebody starts to dislike the nose of the Farang (knowing him working without permit) and signals him to the authorities. Big problems on the way for the Farang. Basically: The Farang can be taken hostage by anyone, knowing he is working without W-permit.

At the extreme: A Farang working on "his" farm and selling produce or whatever else, being more than is needed for him and the family would (theoretically) need a W-permit.smile.png

Fortunately, have never come across a situation that this was enforced in real life here.

Cheers.

The law firm Siam Legal advertise an "economy package" to set up a Thai Company for 63,000 baht but I think their nearest office to you will be BKK.

Isaan Lawyers in Korat are more convenient and I'm pretty sure will be cheaper. I am not aware of law practices, other than Isaan lawyers, in Isaan who

have foreign lawyers.

Setting up the company is the easy bit. Can't imagine the authorities would allow the business to be in your name unless you apply for

a Work Permit. True, the lawyers will be able to obtain a WP for you but there are numerous hurdles to then clear, not least a paid up

capitalisation of 2,000,000 baht. Whatever business you have in mind would have to be proportionately profitable to tie up that amount

of capital.

You must do more reading beforehand. Start with "Work-Permit".

Cheers.

Who says anything about working? Just setting up a company, im not gonna work in it. Just run it from the backround smile.png

Running it from the background? Every time you pick up the phone on behalf of the business, every time you run an errand for the business, every time you empty a waist basket: It's work !

But not to worry: Any legal-firm will automatically supply you with a work-permit upon formation of a company (it's all included in the package).

- There are thousands of Farangs working in Thailand without work-permit. It only becomes an issue, if somebody starts to dislike the nose of the Farang (knowing him working without permit) and signals him to the authorities. Big problems on the way for the Farang. Basically: The Farang can be taken hostage by anyone, knowing he is working without W-permit.

At the extreme: A Farang working on "his" farm and selling produce or whatever else, being more than is needed for him and the family would (theoretically) need a W-permit.smile.png

Fortunately, have never come across a situation that this was enforced in real life here.

Cheers.

Since i dont speak enough thai theres not to much i can do anyway so its probobly going in my wifes name. But i was hoping there would be some office in Udon somewhere that could help us set it up. And hopefully somebody that could speak proper english so that i know what they where saying.

I have been helping on the farm cutting rice for the last three years. No problem in that area yet, just a lot of pointing and laughing since i always work with no shirt. "Falang cut rice...hahaha".

I have never used them but they advertise in Udon.

"We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our office. We have been proudly serving Udon Thani for 25 years. All of our services are provided in both Thai and English at reasonable prices. We like to think that our service is friendly too.

Real estate transactions including buy-sell agreements and usufruct agreements

Commercial services including company registration, work permits, and commercial agreements

Domestic relations including pre-marriage counseling, prenuptial agreements, dissolution of marriage, living together agreements, and mediation services

Civil and criminal litigation Intellectual property registration and litigation

To name but a few. We are pleased that you have found our website and look forward to serving your legal needs in the future should the need arise."

Somphol & Associates Law Office

I got the link from another forum so I cannot post the URL so please do a net search.

Edited by KaronSteve

I have never used them but they advertise in Udon.

"We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our office. We have been proudly serving Udon Thani for 25 years. All of our services are provided in both Thai and English at reasonable prices. We like to think that our service is friendly too.

Real estate transactions including buy-sell agreements and usufruct agreements

Commercial services including company registration, work permits, and commercial agreements

Domestic relations including pre-marriage counseling, prenuptial agreements, dissolution of marriage, living together agreements, and mediation services

Civil and criminal litigation Intellectual property registration and litigation

To name but a few. We are pleased that you have found our website and look forward to serving your legal needs in the future should the need arise."

Somphol & Associates Law Office

I got the link from another forum so I cannot post the URL so please do a net search.

Thanks