Children's Stories

Deserted

thanks, in which bookstore is the first one on sale?

At Naiin

logo_head.png

You can ask seller for a book of Venerable Pramote Pamojjo. (^_____^)

---------------

But I got a better way. You can write an email to this person.
maibok3 (at) gmail.com
change (at) to @
He can provide you a book and something more interesting for free.
He's nice and kind. ^_____^

Sadly Dhammakaya DMC seems to have many children's cartoons about the Buddha and Buddhism. This cartoon isn't DMC I think but was big budget Thai production .How old is your child ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_of_Buddha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgkkkMdSJk

or even a seemingly racy Japanese anime version which having just watched some of it is frankly bizzare !!

http://youtu.be/jCw8ZulaajE

Edited by beautifulthailand99

• 6 months later...

I watched Rebirth of the Buddha and it definitely doesn't tell the story of the Buddha!

Set in modern Japan, it begins with schoolgirl Sayako (who sees dead people) having a near-death experience. She decides to go and attend a lecture by the sinister Chairman Arai, who claims to have the answer to the world's problems, but her boyfriend Yuki warns her it is dangerous.

"Stop telling me what to do! I can make my own decisions, Yuki. Our relationship is OVER!"

Needless to say, Yuki saves her uppity teenage ass in the next scene, as she's about to be turned into a cult-zombie by Arai. She should have known that golden-haired anime hunks are always right. laugh.png

Yuki takes Sayako to see Master Soren, the "reincarnation of Shakyamuni Gautama" (never actually named as Maitreya), who reveals that he and his organisation, TSI, are going to stop Chairman Arai's plan for world domination. It turns out that Sayako has been chosen as the one to bring the Truth about the "real Boodha" to the masses. At this point we hear such gems of Buddhist wisdom as:

"Success must be appreciated by many people."

"God created the earth."

"The Boodha's enlightenment was given to him by the Great Spirit."

"Rejecting the Great Spirit leads to Hell."

Sayako's young brother becomes possessed by an evil spirit. Master Soren performs an exorcism on him using an Australian exchange student as a medium to trap the spirit. laugh.png

Later, Sayako is wearing a kimono and strolling in the park with Yuki when Chairman Arai's UFOs start razing the city. Sayako destroys them all and has a nice photo-op standing on an old castle wall pointing to the sky. Arai turns up, gets her into his UFO and then throws her out, whereupon her uppity independent ass is saved yet again by Yuki. This episode turns Sayako into a media star and she meets a famous TV personality.

All of this leads to a final battle between Chairman Arai and the shadowy demon behind him, and Master Soren who wields the latest model light sabre.

Soren wins, the world (and religion) is saved, and Sayako makes up with Yuki.

The movie is strongly pro-religion and anti-atheist. Sayako's parents are depicted as angry atheists. We are told to have have faith in the afterlife, in religion, and in the "living Boodha."

It was written by Ryuho Okawa, based on his own book. He founded his own religion called Happy Science. "Okawa claims to channel the spirits of Muhammad, Christ, Buddha and Confucius and claims to be the incarnation of the supreme spiritual being called El Cantare. Happy Science claims that El Cantare is the true hidden name of the Heavenly Father in the Old Testament, Elohim, known in the Middle East as the God of creation (El) and in other ancient cultures of the world as the Cosmic Tree of Life and the World Tree." coffee1.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Science