Grrr. Another Rant

leisurely

:o Not to sound too points of view here - a reference for Brits by the way ------

Why oh why do taxis have seat belts in the rear but no plug for them? Today I was involved in an accident when someone rear ended us - ironically as I was going to collect my car from the garage, I hit my nose on the seat in front and suspect I may have whiplash. :D

What is the point? :D

I know what you mean.

I remember getting into the back of a taxi in BKK and pulling the seat belt over only to find no plug.

As I was searching for the plug, the taxi driver saw me in his rear view mirror and said 'no problem thailaan' while wagging his finger.

I was left thinking 'well it is a <deleted> problem if you pile the motor mate!!'

:o

the plugs are there , they just get pushed down between the seat cushion and the backrest.

you can always sit in the front , (or sit behind the driver , so that in the event of an accident , at least you will have the satisfaction of flattening the driver as you are thrust forward.)

sheesh...'rear seat belt in taxis' thread...what next?

moderators...while TV attempts to celebrate all things wonderful about Thailand I suggest that we have a 'What I hate about Thailand' forum...in this way we can eliminate tiresome posts about shop assistants wanting to gyp you, mercenary taxi drivers, ad nauseum...

we could have sub-forums like "What I hate about thai food', 'European beggars in Thailand', 'Unfortunate falang suicides in Thailand that you have known', 'Falangs in Thailand ripping off other falangs', 'the dearth of decent fellatio in Thailand' etc.

Such a bold and accommodating arrangement I would support wholeheartedly as I got plenty of complaints about Thailand as, I am sure, others do as well...

ThaiVisa...always in the vanguard...

the plugs are there , they just get pushed down between the seat cushion and the backrest.

that's where I checked.

my theory is the taxi driver saw the worthless farang scum oxygen thief sex tourist (ie me) coming and cut the plugs off before I got in the car....

....or maybe I just didnt look hard enough. :D:o

Edited by game4shame

Am I missing the point? Don't we have lots of threads like that? :D

As for vehicle safety, Thailand is still developing.....

So, isn't it great to complain about the people who complain? :o

peace blondie...we must rationalize the process...identify the complainers and hold those that complain in a legitimate way accountable...

there can be elaborate complaints...'I went to the shop and was ripped off then the taxi driver wanted to do a number and when I got home the wife had all the family there and etc, etc, etc,...

humble complaints...'I was in the finest italian restaurant in BKK and there was no toilet paper...'

outrageous complaints... 'she was obviously underaged but resisted when I demanded that she declared her age to be 18 y.o. +'

bizarre complaints... 'I complained to the management when they were stingy with the pickles on my cheeseburger...ended up causin' a rash on my testicles...'

then we can complain about ThaiVisa...

gotta complain about someone...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

'

'I was in the finest italian restaurant in BKK and there was no toilet paper...'

that happened to me , so i used the hand towel , the next guy used the hand towel then got a rash on his hands and transferred it to his testicles.

what a terrible country! this just wouldnt happen in cheltenham or in muckymuff montana.

'
'I was in the finest italian restaurant in BKK and there was no toilet paper...'

that happened to me , so i used the hand towel , the next guy used the hand towel then got a rash on his hands and transferred it to his testicles.

what a terrible country! this just wouldnt happen in cheltenham or in muckymuff montana.

Toilet paper is a dirty Western habit to find a use for underpants ( removes what is left, because the toilet paper cannot remove everything)

Give me a hose or a Bidet anyday. Leaves you refreshed and CLEAN

Wow what a hi-jack.............................Boon Mee, be proud of me.

Edited by lampard10

hmmm I cannot think of I time I have put a seat belt on in the back of a car ... but oh well

Last Friday night I jumped into the front seat of a cab at Silom Village heading for Patpong about 2 km away. I did not put on the seat belt. A cop stopped the cab because I was not belted. The cab driver tried to talk his way out of the situation to no avail. Eventually I was asked to pay a fine of Bahts 500. I did not wait for the receipt for the fine, and walked the rest of the way to Patpong.

So be warned. Belt up!

'

Toilet paper is a dirty Western habit to find a use for underpants ( removes what is left, because the toilet paper cannot remove everything)

Give me a hose or a Bidet anyday. Leaves you refreshed and CLEAN

Wow what a hi-jack.............................Boon Mee, be proud of me.

I fully concur...there was a bum squirter thread on this forum 3 years ago that investigated all arrangements...it is sooooo nice to have the bum squirter available and not to rely upon western implments like toilet paper...just smears the load around and when you return to your desk you find yourself in a morass of itchy, sticky bunghole behavior. In these cases I take half a roll of TP and moisten with water and give myself a good scrub...fck it if it don't flush later...bung hole hygiene is important and gets the least consideration when premises are set up...

if we gathered up all the azzholes in the world in collective dismay...what a wonderful world it would be (apologies to Sam Cooke)

i agree , toilet paper just spreads the mess around and leaves you in danger of being assaulted by a fearful fug when you later undress yourself .

should you be caught short whilst away from your home and feel the pressing need to lay a cable , pinch a loaf , choke a darkie or sink the dreadnought in squirter free premises , then i can recommend , as part of your ringpiece regime , the carrying of a packet of "wet wipes" , those moist baby wipe things.

keeping the hair short around the nether regions is also essential for an odour free orifice in these humid climes , if you are not brave or dextrous enough to give yourself a "short back sides" then either the help of a fearless partner or close friend with good eyesight who can be trusted with a pair of scissors will be necessary.

although i believe that if your bowels and digestive system are in perfect health , the stools will be extruded cleanly leaving little or no rim residue.

now whats for breakfast?

i agree , toilet paper just spreads the mess around and leaves you in danger of being assaulted by a fearful fug when you later undress yourself .

should you be caught short whilst away from your home and feel the pressing need to lay a cable , pinch a loaf , choke a darkie or sink the dreadnought in squirter free premises , then i can recommend , as part of your ringpiece regime , the carrying of a packet of "wet wipes" , those moist baby wipe things.

keeping the hair short around the nether regions is also essential for an odour free orifice in these humid climes , if you are not brave or dextrous enough to give yourself a "short back sides" then either the help of a fearless partner or close friend with good eyesight who can be trusted with a pair of scissors will be necessary.

although i believe that if your bowels and digestive system are in perfect health , the stools will be extruded cleanly leaving little or no rim residue.

now whats for breakfast?

:D:D:o:D:D

hmmm I cannot think of I time I have put a seat belt on in the back of a car ... but oh well

Last Friday night I jumped into the front seat of a cab at Silom Village heading for Patpong about 2 km away. I did not put on the seat belt. A cop stopped the cab because I was not belted. The cab driver tried to talk his way out of the situation to no avail. Eventually I was asked to pay a fine of Bahts 500. I did not wait for the receipt for the fine, and walked the rest of the way to Patpong.

So be warned. Belt up!

I always look for the seatbelt, sometimes I am lucky the rest of the time I try to sit up front it is cooler there any way and the seatbelt is functional.... most of the time :o

I always look for the seatbelt, sometimes I am lucky the rest of the time I try to sit up front it is cooler there any way and the seatbelt is functional.... most of the time :o

................................................................................

In the taxi or on the toilet :D

marshbags :D:D:D

Ooopppps sorry, got distracted by all the alternative seating arrangements / observations

Edited by marshbags

What??

im confused, Ive never seen taxi with a toilet in it with a seat belt??

Once i was in a taxi and my friend asked me why im not wearing a seat belt, i just flexed and said do i really need one... :o

What??

im confused, Ive never seen taxi with a toilet in it with a seat belt??

Once i was in a taxi and my friend asked me why im not wearing a seat belt, i just flexed and said do i really need one... :o

Don,t worry Donz, i,m not going crazy.

It,s a humerous reply to the the thread going a little off topic and into another on toilet paper

You have read all the posts to appreciate it, it depends on your sense of fun on toilet humour.

As the subject wasn,t to serious there where a few deviations put in the thread.

Take a look from post 11 and what it,s author tutsiwarrior was replying to P.B.

All in a light hearted and funny way i might add ( my take anyway )

marshbags :D:D:D:D

So be warned. Belt up!

why was I quoted here? ,,,, back of a car ... never have worn a seat belt in the back of a car

if you prefer exiting the car via the front windscreen I suppose you don't. :D

If its the best way out then why not