Philippino in Thailand

Anyone help with this ?

I plan on bringing my girlfriend to come to Thailand from the Philippines, and live with me.

Whats the Visa situation for her ?

What is your Visa? If you are on a retirement extension and got married she would also get a one year extension based with no other requirements

Otherwise it's 30 visa exempted stamps or tourist visas and tourist visas are not easy to get in the Philippines.

You should also be aware that filipinas are required to register before leaving the country to work, so she should expect to be challenged by Philippines immigration when she leaves about the reason she is leaving the country. You should definitely travel with her the first time she comes to Thailand.

• Like 2

Thanks Guys,

Dont know what to do, because I realy dont want to pay another airfare just to bring her back personally.

Aaaarrrrrrr

You could do an affidavit of support at the Philippine embassy.

Info here: http://www.bangkokpe.com/consular/services/affidavit-of-support/

Download here: http://www.bangkokpe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/19.-Affidavit-of-Support.pdf

I am living here with a Filipina and her daughter. It is the daughter from my wife's first marriage and my wife is still married in the Philippines and we are working on the annulment, but it is very costly and time consuming. So at the moment my wife is bigggybacking as a guardian for her daughter. She has to show 400.000.00 Baht in her bank account and than we get a yearly extension, by showing the documents from my daughter's enrollment at school. What everybody else said is right, it is very difficult for Filipinas to leave the country, because they are stopped at the airport by the Philippine Immigration. The easiest airport in our oppinion is Manila, but you have to show return tickets, which you have to buy before you go to the airport and the cheap tickets are non-refundable. If you want to avoid that you have to buy a fully refundable ticket for her and than see what will happen, but it will be expensive. thumbsup.gif

What kind of visa do you have now? If you are in a tourist visa I think you are not allowed to invite her the best thing to do is get her a plane ticket good for 5 days only and get a hotel booking and bring s few clothes only so that the immigration officer will not ask her a lot of question. Just make sure that she is confident and know how to answer all the questions just tell to the immigration that she will go to bangkok for a 5 days holiday only. There are a lot of airlines in Philippines that offering a low fare. Philippine airlines has a roundtrip promotion and tiger airways maybe 7,000 to 8,000 baht. She can get a 30 days tourist visa and after that she can do a visa run in Laos and Cambodia.

Thanks Guys,

Dont know what to do, because I realy dont want to pay another airfare just to bring her back personally.

Aaaarrrrrrr

Fly in and out of Clark - about 1/2 cost.....

Sorry but this is only 1/2 the truth.

Out of Manila you have Philippine Air (full price), Thai Air (full price) and Cebu Pacific (budget carrier, same price like from Clark).

Out of Clark you have Cebu Pacific (budget carrier), Tiger Air (budget carrier)

The Immigration in Clark is much stricter than in Manila, because many of the girls flying out of Clark are working in the Angeles area and that is also known to the immigration officers, so their standards, and inquisitions are higher and tougher. facepalm.gif

Edited by OldSalty

I am a Filipina, and it is true that it is not easy to leave Philippines. The Filipino citizen is required to have two-way tickets like a 10 days trip to leave Philippines. If your gf will be travelling alone and have a current work there in Philippines, it will be easy for her, cause the immigration official will just ask for her work id, pocket money 8k-10k pesos, a copy of your passport with the stamp that you've visited the Philippines, some photos of you and her together, also some paper that will prove that you are staying here in Thailand and expect that the immigration official will ask your gf to call you here in Thailand. These are all the things they asked to me before I was able to leave. Be sure she will do early check in like 4 hrs before the departure, just in case the interview will take longer.

If she will be travelling with you then that will be very easy cause as what I know, you as her boyfriend will just have to sign something like a guarantor.

If she will made it here, then she can do visa run after 29 days, she will be granted 2 months then just do 1 month extension and do visa-run again... but after this she will need to go back to Philippines, which is what I need to do in the future, so her record here will be back to zero and she can do visa run again.

I hope this will help you.

• Like 1

They don't allow women under 30 to leave the country alone ? What a retarded state !

That's not true. Actually they allowed to travel even under 30. The first time I travelled other countries alone I was 24 years old as long as the traveller have money to show and good job so they can prove to the immigration that they are capable to travel.

Why take coal to Newcastle.... get a Thai chick.. all the same with the lights out... whistling.gif

You are 100% wrong there and the lights are not always out and than you will notice the difference, believe me, I have been to lots of places in the world. tongue.png

Bakseeda: What an awful and disgusting attitude. Is that the way you think about women in general, or does your abhorring attitude refer to Asian women only???

• Like 1

They don't allow women under 30 to leave the country alone ? What a retarded state !

That's not true. Actually they allowed to travel even under 30. The first time I travelled other countries alone I was 24 years old as long as the traveller have money to show and good job so they can prove to the immigration that they are capable to travel.

But they have to proof that they have a good job in the Philippines, so that they have a reason to go back. Having babies there to go back to or only money does not help, it is called "Freedom of Travel" philippine style.

But they have to proof that they have a good job in the Philippines, so that they have a reason to go back. Having babies there to go back to or only money does not help, it is called "Freedom of Travel" philippine style.

I understand why the Philippine Immigration are doing this, because they just want to protect the young Filipina and also because when the Filipina arrived to any country, any immigration around the world will look us down, they will always ask so many questions or you will be interrogated in a room full of officials. This is because of discrimination.

"It" is done to prevent / reduce people trafficking !

Look here at post 17

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/664645-thai-visa-for-my-filipino-girlfriend/?hl=+visa%20+for%20+filipino%20+lady

Which explains the issues and gives detail of the requirements for a young woman to leave the Philippines.

That is only typical beaurocratic crap. I am not denying that there is people trafficking, but the people behind it are not getting caught, like the people smugglers to Australia. This selection and interrogation is done on orders from the US government, NGO's and other governments, so that the philippine government is showing some response and is getting foreign aid.bah.gif

I read the reply from the so called BI employee and found it interesting, so than why is the BI of the Philippines not checking the travel requirements of a Philippino citizen, before they book the flight, so that you do not loose the flight costs?????? thumbsup.gif Maybe that would be a good idea for the immigration department!!!!! But that would be too easy!!!!

Edited by OldSalty

"That is only typical beaurocratic crap. I am not denying that there is people trafficking, but the people behind it are not getting caught, like the people smugglers to Australia. This selection and interrogation is done on orders from the US government, NGO's and other governments, so that the philippine government is showing some response and is getting foreign aid"

And the answer is ?

Cynical "crap" is extremely unhelpful.

The Philippine immigration officer sets out , very clearly, the steps necessary to enable someone to leave with the minimum of "hassle"