Philippino in Thailand

No the answer is to have an office before you go to the airport and in some big cities, where you can show all your travel documents without the flight tickets or maybe only a reservation, than it is checked and you are getting a signed travel permit, with photo etc and than you go to the airport. Would that be so difficult???? The way it is said it is not clearly set out, because it leaves it to the decission of the individual immigration officer at the airport. I wonder what citizens of other countries with valid passports would say to such a treatment. coffee1.gif

No the answer is to have an office before you go to the airport and in some big cities, where you can show all your travel documents without the flight tickets or maybe only a reservation, than it is checked and you are getting a signed travel permit, with photo etc and than you go to the airport. Would that be so difficult???? The way it is said it is not clearly set out, because it leaves it to the decission of the individual immigration officer at the airport. I wonder what citizens of other countries with valid passports would say to such a treatment. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

The Philippine government are way, way in front of of some commentators !

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Anyone help with this ?

I plan on bringing my girlfriend to come to Thailand from the Philippines, and live with me.

Whats the Visa situation for her ?

What is your Visa? If you are on a retirement extension and got married she would also get a one year extension based with no other requirements

Otherwise it's 30 visa exempted stamps or tourist visas and tourist visas are not easy to get in the Philippines.

You should also be aware that filipinas are required to register before leaving the country to work, so she should expect to be challenged by Philippines immigration when she leaves about the reason she is leaving the country. You should definitely travel with her the first time she comes to Thailand.

She can get tourists visa in laos or cambodia...just like many of us do.

And the answer is ?

Cynical "crap" is extremely unhelpful.

The Philippine immigration officer sets out , very clearly, the steps necessary to enable someone to leave with the minimum of "hassle"

I do not think that it is correct to copy only part of the reply and I still believe that "Freedom of Travel" means something else than what you have in some democratic nations like the Philippines. Don't forget that the GDR "German Democratic Republic" was also a democratic country and they built the German Wall against the "bad people from the west and to protect their own citizens". coffee1.gif

A Filipina can come to Thailand and get a visa exempt stamp. She can then travel to laos or cambodia for a tourist visa.

You better check the Philippine Immigration Website, as their immigration people at the airport (best fly out of Angeles) will pull her aside and ask for documentation. By all means, fly with her. Tiger airlines is only 3000 baht one way...sometimes less

I do remember my girl needed signed and notarized affidavits from me saying that I was financially responsible for her, and provide a notarized statement of residence and phone number. The hardest part was getting her passport. That takes a minimum of 2 to 3 months.

Do not do the Overseas Contract Working permit....but I do believe you need clearance from that office. It is located on Clark Field, near the airport (I love Angeles city)

Thaiexpat21: The Philippine government are way, way in front of of some commentators !

http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Thanks for the link, very interesting but sorry it is all about money again, although it is only 400.00 Peso. I wonder what other nationals have to do a course before they are allowed to leave their own country. And yes if you ever run into a NBI officer, you will notice how democratic and way, way in front the Philippines are.

Edited by OldSalty

What is your Visa? If you are on a retirement extension and got married she would also get a one year extension based with no other requirements.

Someone said this above.

If you are not legally married, you cannot carry her with your visa. What she can get is a tourist visa.

What is your Visa? If you are on a retirement extension and got married she would also get a one year extension based with no other requirements.

Someone said this above.

If you are not legally married, you cannot carry her with your visa. What she can get is a tourist visa.

The problem the lady has is associated with exiting the Philippines.The visa issue is almost of secondary importence.

As the OP describes the lady as a "girl friend" her visa options are very limited

Tourist visa or possibly an ED visa . She would not qualify for anything else.

Edited by thaiexpat21

We invited my 18 year old daughter to a holiday from the Philippines to Thailand. She travelled alone from Manila. We took great care to provide letters of invitation and support, copy of my passport, copy of Philippine University semester payment receipt. I attend Thai classes with an ED VISA and have a Filipina friend who does the same and she lives with her German boy friend, so if you play fair with the ED visa that cost around B25000 she can have 15 months in Thailand with 90 day visits to the local immigration office for each 90 day extension costing B1900. It's fun and interesting to learn Thai. It's possible to extend for a number of years. Cannot remember the exact regulation.