Reputable Mechanic Required for Bimmer

FarangTalk

I recently acquired a 5-series E60 BMW and I want to fit paddle shifters to the steering column and a new gear knob. The transmission is a 6 speed steptronic and I have the aftermarket kits for the model so it should be a case of just following the installation instructions with the trickiest bit being the wiring... however as it involves both the transmission and electrics I would prefer a mechanic to do it.

So the question is, does anyone know any reputable German car mechanics and garages in Bangkok?

Yep, but seeing as they are aftermarket mods I was looking for a garage with a bit of modding experience rather than a service center.

I will also need a decent body styling shop as I want to put M5 mirrors on it and have it debadged so recommendations for those also welcome, but one thing at a time!

The gear stick was the only thing I really didn't like about the car so I ordered the kit off the internet.

http://www.motivemods.com/BMWRetrofitKits-MShifterForSteptronicVehicles-s/401.htm

The paddles are also on that site, just couldn't help myself when I saw them.

Try Checking behind MBK. There are a lot of mechanic shops there. Lot's of after market parts, for all types of cars. All the shops have mechanics on site. I am sure they will be able to help you out, They will be happy to add bling to your car, and pimp it out just the way you like it. It's the first soi on your left before MBK, if your coming from Rama 4.

Hope i have been of help.

• Like 1

Having a sniff about that area today. Saw a clean E46 with 19s and Brembo brake conversion on the front outside one of the shops. Would be interested to know where the conversion was done.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you´re looking for mods you might try bmoption.com, they seem to have almost everything, the right adress for body parts.

Does your E60 still have the Idrive without Sat Nav? If not you might find that interesting: http://www.dynavin.de/products/product_dnv_e60.php or google Autobaan Thailand for BMW retrofits, specially oem Sat Nav. On their Facebook page they show custom paddles too, maybe they can help?

Edited by I knew this would happen
  • Like 1

If you´re looking for mods you might try bmoption.com, they seem to have almost everything, the right adress for body parts.

Does your E60 still have the Idrive without Sat Nav? If not you might find that interesting: http://www.dynavin.de/products/product_dnv_e60.php or google Autobaan Thailand for BMW retrofits, specially oem Sat Nav. On their Facebook page they show custom paddles too, maybe they can help?

Nice site, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...