Petrol Types.

Neeranam

In my car there is a sign saying " namman santa gua", which means unleaded, I think.

I was told that it takes 95 petrol. My wife seems to think that it needs speacial stuff.

Could I put any petrol into it - 91?

What exactly is gasohol?

In my car there is a sign saying " namman santa gua", which means unleaded, I think.

I was told that it takes 95 petrol. My wife seems to think that it needs speacial stuff.

What exactly is gasohol?

All the fuel available in the forecourts (91,95) are unleaded.

You maybe able to use gasohol instead (its a mix of ethanol and petrol) which also has 95 octane rating, however it doesn't contain as much energy as 95 normal so it will burn more litres per km.

Your Astina 323 is a few years old though so I would check with Mazda as to whether you can use gasohol or not......it isn't a problem with the engine working but more that in older cars the seals and gaskets even the fuel lines can be "eaten" by the ethanol content in gasohol

I drive a Mazda3 and it will run on only 95 or gasohol according to manual and the dealer. However comparing the 2 fuels I find the 95 normal works out cheaper on a long run than gasohol even though the pump price is more expensive (avg 450km tank for gasohol, almost 600 for 95 normal). But if I sit in BKK traffic its about the same.....390km ish, probably because most of the time the engine is sat idling in traffic :o

Edited by moonoi

What exactly is gasohol?

What kind of car are you driving?

Gasohol is a mixture of petrol and alcohol.

Edited by corkscrew