Robotic parking garage set to open in Pattaya next month

Rimmer

• 1 year later...

@thailandforumaddict, you're not really an addict otherwise you'd know that the automatic parking is still not in operation and the tall "view blocking" building isn't finished yet. Search for Tulipgroup Pattaya in Google and find the latest news and prices on this project.

.... the automatic parking is still not in operation.....

As far as I know the car-park is open for business and you can park outside the building, but the internal automated part is not working.

The car-park building is certainly much closer to being finished than the Waterfront is. I think it's nearly a year since they stopped work on it, and as of last week they still hadn't even replaced the fence screens at ground level which are disintegrating with age.

Will this area be Pattaya's answer to Venezuela's Tower of David?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centro_Financiero_Confinanzas

.... the automatic parking is still not in operation.....

As far as I know the car-park is open for business and you can park outside the building, but the internal automated part is not working.

The car-park building is certainly much closer to being finished than the Waterfront is. I think it's nearly a year since they stopped work on it, and as of last week they still hadn't even replaced the fence screens at ground level which are disintegrating with age.

Will this area be Pattaya's answer to Venezuela's Tower of David?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centro_Financiero_Confinanzas

I have a feeling the maintenance of this robotic car park will be the same standard as the maintenance of those floating platforms over in the marinagigglem.gif

I keep wondering how many ordinary Thais would be willing to pay 300 baht a day to park their relatively compact car? Those who can most afford it and are likely driving top end luxury cars would seem to be precluded from using this facility due to the restrictions on weight and size of the vehicle?blink.png

This should be good!

I've got 10 baht that says it will be broken down/not working within 6 months....more likely 2 months.

My bet is on that the business will go broke within 12 months.

This should be good!

I've got 10 baht that says it will be broken down/not working within 6 months....more likely 2 months.

My bet is on that the business will go broke within 12 months.

With your car still inside

@thailandforumaddict, you're not really an addict otherwise you'd know that the automatic parking is still not in operation and the tall "view blocking" building isn't finished yet. Search for Tulipgroup Pattaya in Google and find the latest news and prices on this project.

I think Thailandtrolladdict got you there.

Funny, I was just wondering if that thing ever opened. There used to be a really nice little park there. What about the huge 'marina' just down from it? Did that ever open?

Stoker, the Marina is "ready" but not occupied. Marina empty and dozens of speedboats parked ashore. Although never used, the renovation works will start soon and actions to relocate the speedboats will be taken as well

Funny, I was just wondering if that thing ever opened. There used to be a really nice little park there. What about the huge 'marina' just down from it? Did that ever open?

Stoker, the Marina is "ready" but not occupied. Marina empty and dozens of speedboats parked ashore. Although never used, the renovation works will start soon and actions to relocate the speedboats will be taken as well

So when the boats have gone will all the "boutique " shops that were supposed to be built along there be built? cheesy.gif

We all enjoy a good laugh at the culture of corruption and incompetence here, but the amount of public money wasted on these two projects, with zero benefit to the town, is truly shocking. In any other country the citizens would be out protesting in the streets.

• 8 months later...

News from PattayaWatchdog facebook page.

After 6 months of not paying rent ( under refurbishment ) to Pattaya City MP MEC co LTD lost its concession to run the car park.

attachicon.gif6 month refurb.jpg

maybe they can get a good deal on the demolition if they combine it with the waterfront and the marina, or maybe they can leave them as a memorials to the mayors wise discisions