Husband kills wife for being addicted to Thai soap opera

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a repugnant brutal murder and the flippant attempts at humour in here denigrate the woman, her family and friends. Imagine the victim was your sister or your friend or your daughter-would you be making snide jibes then? I think not. Show some restraint in commenting on what is a very unfunny event.

Have you ever seen a Thai soap ?

Get a life and quit lecturing others with your pompous drivel.

you think it's pompous drivel to provide some decency and a modicum of moral fibre to ameliorate insensitive commentary ? Ad hominem abuse in response is very revealing of you and your capacity for reasoned argument. You provide support for the indefensible, glibly pass off the levity underpinning the senseless loss of life of a defenceless woman in these posts and my critique of that's pompous huh? You might like to reflect on what you are saying in the cold light of sobriety, if you have the capacity to, and hope no one notices such limited scope and range of your thinking.

• Like 1

RIP

Soap operas actually cause a lot of disharmony and marriage unhappiness/divorces throughout the world....the very nature is ususally based on mistrust and betrayel...some get addicted to the thought process and mix real life with the fantasy of the soaps......

RIP Mrs,

Soap operas actually cause a lot of disharmony and marriage unhappiness/divorces throughout the world....the very nature is ususally based on mistrust and betrayel...some get addicted to the thought process and mix real life with the fantasy of the soaps......

RIP Mrs,

Hey man - you're so damn right! The Thai ones are just so realistic though - they draw you right in. Cant keep me <deleted> eyes off them! The Sixth Sense one that's running at the moment - Wow! nothing else to say really jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

w00t.gif

just as well as those who write perfect English.

Thanks for the compliment, no one has ever said I write perfect English before....biggrin.png

I am not even an "English" teacher, maybe a new career path for me perhaps..rolleyes.gif

Personally I prefer someone making black humour type comments over someone who posts mock sympathy and mock outrage in their posts wouldnt you agree..?

Actually some people may take offense over your avatar, after all didnt the two gentlemen concerned make a movie taking the p*ss out of some geezer they nailed up on a cross 2000 years ago ?

Well, actually they did not. While Jesus does appear in that movie, he is depicted in a very serious and respectful way - just everybody else isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpkWT5voTSE

• Like 2

just as well as those who write perfect English.

Thanks for the compliment, no one has ever said I write perfect English before....biggrin.png

I am not even an "English" teacher, maybe a new career path for me perhaps..rolleyes.gif

Personally I prefer someone making black humour type comments over someone who posts mock sympathy and mock outrage in their posts wouldnt you agree..?

Actually some people may take offense over your avatar, after all didnt the two gentlemen concerned make a movie taking the p*ss out of some geezer they nailed up on a cross 2000 years ago ?

Nothing mock in my sympathy, not so much outrage as complete puzzlement as to what drives such commentary, and artfully taking the piss is something I admire. You are drawing a very long bow to squeeze critique from an avatar; in fact it is intellectually dishonest. You are understandably embarrassed by your thoughtless retort on the tragic death of an innocent woman, wouldn't you agree...?

Well the way I look at it is we all have to go sooner or later. The method is not ares to choose and I feeel no regret for the women who has passed on. My feelings go to those who knew and loved her. The man was obviously not well.

My wife watches some of them and I take it as a omen to be grateful that I can not understand Thai. then again she watches the News and I wish i could understand it and when she watches the comedies I don't care the visual is a trip back to the day's of Uncle Miltie.

RIP Mrs,

Even worse than that,for some people Soaps are their only form of reality. I know many people in the UK that thrive on the script of Soaps like "Dead Enders" Bore a nation Street" and "Neighbores" but couldn't hold a conversation with you. But no excuse for beating your wife to death,it's much easier to sling the TV out the window,or even better stop paying for Junk Monthly TV Network Subscriptions.

• Like 2

It really irritates me, how easy and for what stupid reasons people get killed here!

RIP the victim1

By the way: she got killed! Murdered!

Good, that some of you see the humorous side of that!

bah.gif

Agreed, there is no humourous side to this.

I frequently like to ridicule some news stories, however, I do know where the line is.

Just another senseless waste of a human life, RIP dear lady.

She may have had her faults, but who in here can say that they haven't.

"Police stated that the suspect admitted that he did use a hard object to beat her to death"

This has to be the stupidest statement I have ever read.

Could he have used a soft object to beat her to death?

Den

what i find remarkably stupid is the inability of some to recognize that a literal translation by a non-native speaker may be flawed.

And doncha just reckon, the killing may well have been over her watching a soap oprea, but there ay have been a history there as a result of which that single straw borke the camel's back.

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk

So remember folks, if you are going to joke about the circumstances surrounding this woman's death, please do it artfully and you will be admired, not scorned. Then again one mans 'artfully taking the piss' is another mans offence'.

congratulations, despite your lack of English you were able to convey your insensitivity and lack of compassion just as well as those who write perfect English.

I read two of your posts and you have only succeeded in being condescending.

I read 5 of them and they were still all condescending.

It really irritates me, how easy and for what stupid reasons people get killed here!

RIP the victim1

bah.gif alt=bah.gif>

It seems that the outrage bus is full of Doctors today wink.png

nah, a doctor would see the humerus side.

• Like 2

I have every sympathy with the bloke, murdering her was a bit much though, why not just smash up the TV? oh it's on youtube as well, my mrs watches lakorn on the the tv then switches to the laptop in the small hours.

Yeah some people need to put their trousers on and let them know who's boss...

I don't think it was the Soap Opera. Thai men just like beating their wives...

I gave my wife's niece a 1000 baht when I first met her. The next day I saw her with a black eye. My wife told me that her niece spent all the money on baby formula, her husband got mad and punched her in the face because he wanted some of the money to buy beer.

"Police stated that the suspect admitted that he did use a hard object to beat her to death"

Den

It's as opposed to a sharp object. Often it's called a blunt object rather than a hard object.

Den

Yup that was indeed a stupid statement but it's beaten by the earlier statement " He was arrested for killing his 25 year old wife, doctors at the hospital were not able to save her life" No sh*t Sherlock? I had guessed they weren't able to save her life because they told me he'd beaten her to death, not 'almost death'...

I love Thai soaps. Whenever there is a gunfight they never have to reload. Lol.

Every time I see one, a girl is rescued just in time after being tied up.

Is my contribution is 'tie her up', when I'm unfortunate enough to be sitting in front of the TV as my wife and step-daughter watch the 'drama' intensely.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

this is a repugnant brutal murder and the flippant attempts at humour in here denigrate the woman, her family and friends. Imagine the victim was your sister or your friend or your daughter-would you be making snide jibes then? I think not. Show some restraint in commenting on what is a very unfunny event.

Have you ever seen a Thai soap ?

Get a life and quit lecturing others with your pompous drivel.

you think it's pompous drivel to provide some decency and a modicum of moral fibre to ameliorate insensitive commentary ? Ad hominem abuse in response is very revealing of you and your capacity for reasoned argument. You provide support for the indefensible, glibly pass off the levity underpinning the senseless loss of life of a defenceless woman in these posts and my critique of that's pompous huh? You might like to reflect on what you are saying in the cold light of sobriety, if you have the capacity to, and hope no one notices such limited scope and range of your thinking.

I wholeheartedly agree!! not with you but with "lastbastion" you do write pompous drivel

• Like 1

What I really don't understand nor comprehend is why so many people here are getting irate at what other people think or write? Firstly, what other people think is none of your business until made public here. So when somebody writes down their particular thoughts whether it's about the irony of the lady dying in a soap opera kind of way because of a soap opera or intended light heartedness which fails in your own opinion..... So what? I thought the idea was to comment on the OP not on other's opinions etc? Read what you want to read, write what you want to write and jog on!

What I really don't understand nor comprehend is why so many people here are getting irate at what other people think or write? Firstly, what other people think is none of your business until made public here. So when somebody writes down their particular thoughts whether it's about the irony of the lady dying in a soap opera kind of way because of a soap opera or intended light heartedness which fails in your own opinion..... So what? I thought the idea was to comment on the OP not on other's opinions etc? Read what you want to read, write what you want to write and jog on!

Would you say the same, if she was one of your relatives?

• Like 1

Can hardly blame the poor sod. I banned Thai TV in the house years ago. It's truly awful, and a beating is the absolute minimum punishment for watching such crimes against humanity. Thai newspapers followed circa 2006. Follow suit or be prepared to suffer very high blood pressure, and have your children believe cross gender types are normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

RIP the victim1

bah.gif

Agreed, there is no humourous side to this.

I frequently like to ridicule some news stories, however, I do know where the line is.

Just another senseless waste of a human life, RIP dear lady.

She may have had her faults, but who in here can say that they haven't.

at risk of over posting in this thread - which i admit i read one comment into, commented on and now am reading backward - where is "the line" that you claim the ability to locate?

I am reminded of a very politically incorrect joke that never fails to make me chuckle:

Q: what do 98.9 percent of the world's battered women have in common?

A: They wouldn't fukkin listen

wrong? Yes. funny? I think so.

It's funny in that joke because the way it scans all the women are still presumed to be alive.

That's the line.

The story and commentary are equal parts tragedy and gallows humor. Things like this happen worldwide.

"A woman has been jailed for 10 years for killing her husband in a row over what to watch on television." BBC News. And there are stories worldwide like this.

All this; therefore, proves that marriage causes insanity.

Was it because of watching a Thai soap or was it the volume level she was using to listen to the Thai soap - if she had it turned up to the level my neighbours use then I sympathise - just going round there now to lay into them with a hard object.......