Quickest way from Pattaya to Hua Hin

Stefanbkk

Hello everyone,

I am a repatriated American expat (lived and worked in Thailand from 2001-2012). I'm spending a 2 week holiday in Thailand in December. Here's my question: I'm going to attend my friend's 50th birthday party in Pattaya during that time and would like to go directly from there to Hua Hin to visit friends. Is there a way to travel between Pattaya and Hua Hin without going back up to Bangkok and then down to Hua Hin? I heard rumor that there used to be a ferry/speedboat service that would take you across the Gulf of Thailand directly to Hua Hin from Bangkok. Does any such service still exist?

Thanks in advance for your any advice. biggrin.png

I think there have been several attempts to start a ferry service from Pattaya to Hua Hin.

To the best of my knowledge none are operating at the moment. http://www.tourismhuahin.com/ferry-huahin.php

There may be several bus, train, air options. My only advice is DO NOT use a minibus - the drivers are nuts.

This may be a good option http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/roots.html Look at Route 393 Rayong-Koh Samui - Pick up in Pattaya 1545 - arrive Hua Hin 2030.

Standard price 277 Baht. 1st Class price 941 Baht according to the website.

• Like 1

As said the ferry service didn't last. From what I was told of the prices it wasn't a surprise.

You can fly to Hua Hin airport. Sunday lunchtime is a continuous stream of light aircraft leaving HH airport. Not sure where they fly from ;DM , Swampy or the place between Pattaya and rayong forgotten the name.

By road if by taxi or hire car, it would be the new road out of Pattaya by bontavorn that joins the motorway. Follow the motorway then Choburi by-pass, Bang Na Tradt toll road, Rama 2 toll road undercutting Bangkok, then Rama 2 all the way to HH.

No ferry available.

The quickest way is the 'dangerous' minibus.

Or rent a car to take you.

There is a minibus from Pattaya Tai and an old TV thread here.

Not sure if these guys still operate on Tai.

post-104409-0-12843700-1382244876_thumb.

Edited by jacko45k

I used to be a 50% partner in a 40 ft that did the Pattaya to Hua Hin run 2 times a week 2 years ago

But a divorce saw this come to an end when I needed instant finances

Things now looking better and have been busy looking for a business partner as I have found an ex vietnam converted 47 ft twin diesel turbo charged diesel for sale

If I can find an interested partner I hope can be up and running by early next year

we found that combining the trip plus cargo transfer made it a paying concern

Setup was and new one will have, full light show and disco and open bedroom on the top deck

fishing equiptment and air refill equiptment on board for diving

Boat can be hired for the day to 3 days at a time

for those who can remember we used to hold disco nights just off Pattaya beach 1 time a week

but warning Thai ladies do not have sea legs

If interested in a business partnership please ping me

Hi

You can fly from Pattaya airport to either Khon Samuie or Puket. Samuie is best as you can get the boat from there to hua hin.

I would never take a mini bus or a coach. Or take a cab to Bangkok airport and a direct flight to Hua Hin.

Consider taking a taxi or minivan to Don Muang and then fly NokAir to Hua Hin. There will be some time spent waiting after checking in but the flight itself is only 30 minutes. Flights are available from November 21 and cost a tad over 1000 baht.

I find the best and safest way is as follows.

Bell transport will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the bus station in Pattaya north (Nua) a Bell transport bus will take you to the airport.This costs 230 baht takes about 2 hours.

A really comfortable Bell transport bus leanes the airport for Hua hin costs 350 baht (i think)

Check the timetables for the correct connection times.....excellent service.

• Like 2

i did pattaya to hua hin the other day

have done it a few times and i found this method to be the best so far

11 am bus out of north road bus station, pattaya to suvarnabhumi - 250B arrives 12.30

then bus from floor 1, next to food hall, to hua hin. big yellow VIP bus, very comfy, leaves 1.30pm - 305B

arrived hua hin bus station about 5pm.

journey can be done quicker, but this way was comfortable, plus felt safer

No ferry available.

The quickest way is the 'dangerous' minibus.

Or rent a car to take you.

There is a minibus from Pattaya Tai and an old TV thread here.

Not sure if these guys still operate on Tai.

attachicon.gifPattaya_to_Hua_Hin_Minibus_2.JPG

I used the minibus service from Pattaya Tai earlier this year

Journey to Hua Hin took 5+ hours, many stops along the way.

Cramped and uncomfortable.

Return was 4.5 hours.

I wouldn`t choose it again, either big Yellow bus( time for Hua Hin arrival not good though), bus to BKK and fly when Nok Air start, or maybe the Bell Travel service suggested by a previous poster.

i did pattaya to hua hin the other day

have done it a few times and i found this method to be the best so far

11 am bus out of north road bus station, pattaya to suvarnabhumi - 250B arrives 12.30

then bus from floor 1, next to food hall, to hua hin. big yellow VIP bus, very comfy, leaves 1.30pm - 305B

arrived hua hin bus station about 5pm.

journey can be done quicker, but this way was comfortable, plus felt safer

Thank Yousmile.png

I hadn`t considered that schedule, very convenient, plus I live just 5 minutes from Pattaya Nua bus station.

I find the best and safest way is as follows.

Bell transport will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the bus station in Pattaya north (Nua) a Bell transport bus will take you to the airport.This costs 230 baht takes about 2 hours.

A really comfortable Bell transport bus leanes the airport for Hua hin costs 350 baht (i think)

Check the timetables for the correct connection times.....excellent service.

I have made several round-trips between Hua Hin and Pattaya this way, and it's quite easy and relaxing. To kill time in the airport between buses, I would eat a leisurely lunch in the nearby food court.

Here's a link to the schedules and booking info: http://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

If you are staying in Jomtien near FoodMart, there is another bus to the airport (http://www.airportpattayabus.com/) but they don't provide shuttle vans to hotels/condos so you'd need to add on a taxi at your own expense.

• Like 1

Consider taking a taxi or minivan to Don Muang and then fly NokAir to Hua Hin. There will be some time spent waiting after checking in but the flight itself is only 30 minutes. Flights are available from November 21 and cost a tad over 1000 baht.

Nonsense post. take the bus or rent a car ( check out flight schedules and cost )