October 19, 201312 yr Dear all, I understand I can extend my visa for 7 days at CW immigration for about 2,000 thb. However, that is very tight as I am awaiting confirmation on an upcoming business trip. Is it possible to get an two week extension, and if not what are my options without leaving the country - only to have to maybe leave the country again a day later. Is was once possible to do an early morning visa run to the Cambodian border for an extra 30 days which I believe cost around the same as the 7 day extension, but is this service still available and if so, where is the closest service to Central Sukhumvit? Thankyou.
October 19, 201312 yr 7 days extra costs 1,900 baht and is for 7 days maximum, unless you are married to a Thai or have a child with Thai nationality in which case you can get 60 days extra. Only option will be a border run, which will give you an extra 15 days. Companies for border runs advertise in the news papers.
October 19, 201312 yr Author Thanks.. Should have asked this in the last post but I assume I have to fly both ways?
October 19, 201312 yr Enter Thailand by land and get 15 days. Enter Thailand by Air and get 30 days. It make no difference how you leave Thailand.
October 20, 201312 yr How about if I fly to Cambodia for a couple of days then back again? Economically not effective way Cambodia or Immigration. You can fly to Kuala Lumpur in the morning and go back same day afternoon. If you lucky, you can catch roundtrip ticket for 3000 thb. This is only 1100 thb higher than you visit to immigration, and you will have 30 days while spend less than a day to travel. Air Asia from Don Mueang have at least 5 flights per day.
Create an account or sign in to comment