Extension of stay for Thai spouse support : (somewhat) new requirement => Photos of House/Appt n°

Hello,

I just did my yearly extension of stay for Thai spouse support at Chang Wattana office in Bangkok yesterday, and this year, we got these new requirements, in addition of the inside of home photos :

- a photo showing us in front of our apartment building with the street number

- a photo showing us in front of our apartment room with the room number

This is not listed here : http://www.thaivisa.com/non-imm-o-marriage.html ; not there : http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=service (both even don't list the requirements for home pictures).

Note : I already read that other offices (ie: in Jomtiem) were asking such kind of photos, but I didn't see any post for BKK ; if I missed them, then sorry and anyway it's better to be warned twice than not at all ! tongue.png

Note bis : unlike in these other reports, we were not asked the registration of familial status (Form KhorRor.22)

I suspect your wife home register has her listed as residing elsewhere? Photos have not been required in Bangkok.

Not sure if it's a 'requirement' but I too was asked by CW immigration to have a photo outside my residence - townhouse - with number of said residence displayed. Back in June. Wife's on the blue book for our house.

I'd put it down to IO interpretation. Not a huge deal.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd put it down to IO interpretation. Not a huge deal.

In our case, the lady officer who took care of our file said we were missing these pictures, and that was up to her superior to decide if it was ok or not. Her superior checked our file after it was all done, and said we had to do such pictures. (I forgot, but I think the previous years the checking done by the superior was pretty fast, and this time she went over our file 3 or 4 times).

When you first apply photos are required as part of the marriage proof so expect they are checking them to verify home address included and perhaps will need new such photos when a change is made - but that is just a guess.

I took photos of the wife and me standing in front of our house to Sakhon Nakhon immigration for a 1 year extension, they told us they also needed to see the side of the house, so they could see how big it was, we had to go and take more photos, which I was not happy about because it is a 10 hour round trip from our home. Seems they can just add extra rules when they feel like it.

I took photos of the wife and me standing in front of our house to Sakhon Nakhon immigration for a 1 year extension, they told us they also needed to see the side of the house, so they could see how big it was, we had to go and take more photos, which I was not happy about because it is a 10 hour round trip from our home. Seems they can just add extra rules when they feel like it.

It seems that things change when they get a new boss. The new boss brings his/her ideas and interpretations and then all the officers have to conform. Previously we'd always been asked for 2 photos of the family. Early this year when extending, we submitted the same style photos which had always been accepted. Later on they asked us to change them - one showing the house and clearly showing the house number and one showing us inside the house. It's a 3-4 hour round trip - not as long as your 10, but still bad enough. It seems the only thing to do is to go and ask them before you start getting everything together each year, to make sure you are going to comply with the latest interpretation and requirements. It's a pain but seems the only solution. Relying on their website or what they accepted previously just doesn't work.

I'm seriously considering applying for an extension based on retirement this year, as the officers keep advising me too. It is so much simpler for the applicant and the officer.

--------------------

Yes, perhaps it's a hassle .... but understand that immigration is ALWAYS able to ask for further clarification of ALL applicants (retirement extensions also) IF they feel that further clarification is required.

Normally they don't ask for further clarification, but they have the right to do so if they think it's required.

Why do you think you sign that application form with your legal signature?

When you sign the application it implies that you consent to allow them to investigate the truth of your claims.

Which also gives them the right to ask for further proof if they require it.

Government always works the same way, worldwide.

When you sign, you (in their opinion) give implied consent to investigate.