Hua Hin And Cha Am

erco

Hi All

I have been asked to help out here.

I have lived in Hua Hin and the Cha Am area for approximateley 5 years so know most of the haunts and locals.

Any questions on this lovely area? if I do not know I will find out.

I am going to England to get my new visa on the 29th Feb and will return on the 16th March, approx 2 weeks, but will keep in touch.

Hope all have read the new visa requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

Questions - one - why is a certain restaurant named after a famous western cowboy staffed by 6 waitresses in the morning all who seem quite bored and only vaguely interested in customers (unless pressed) especially those with kids. Owner must be doing great business in evening/midday to afford the luxury. Shame as food is great but won't be going back. Or is this par for the course in Hua Hin?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Just got back from England.

Why would anybody live in Hua Hun? Why not.

Lovely beech, lovely weather, great people (Thai and Farang), Great Golf Coarses and easy access to Chompon Koh Samui and Phuket which can easily be done in a day.

Maverick, what are you looking for????

This particular resort has most things you could want while living as an Ex pat or while on holiday. Hua Hin is also the oldest seaside resort in Thailand and has Royal Patronage (The King has his residence here).

One of the hotels that Baronbonk reccommends is Jed Pee Nong hotel. I want to

take my Thai girlfriend to Hua Hin during my next visit but I haven't a clue where to stay. I'm interested in lodging for about 1,000 baht per night. I appreciate

any comments.

Hi Just got back from England.

Why would anybody live in Hua Hun? Why not.

Lovely beech, lovely weather, great people (Thai and Farang), Great Golf Coarses and easy access to Chompon Koh Samui and Phuket which can easily be done in a day.

Maverick, what are you looking for????

This particular resort has most things you could want while living as an Ex pat or while on holiday. Hua Hin is also the oldest seaside resort in Thailand and has Royal Patronage (The King has his residence here).

Erco it was a semi-rhetorical question - i know why but for me it doesnt work. Yes its a great place but..............the drive down from Bangkok is a nightmare traffic wise and its a journey i would need to do fairly often (seems the rich thai's like it there and drive like maniacs in their BMW's and Merc's - death wish style).

Second the international school choice is either zero or very limited depending on who you speak to. Lastly land prices and houses are higher than say Pattaya/Rayong area (where schools, shops and communications links are superior) and the nearest other expat base within 2-4 hours drive of Bangkok. Crime is higher in Pattaya but thats mainly in town and after dark.

1000 Baht a night would not present a problem in Hua Hin or Cha Am, provided it is not during high season or PH's like Songkran whereupon the Hotels double the prices and are normally fully booked.

Hi

You might as well go down and sus things out for yourself, it is so laid back.

Apart from the major Holiday's whereupon the hotels are fully booked anyway you will find a hotel to suit your taste and lifestyle.

Hua Hin and Cha Am is for everyone, from Golfers , Family's Expats and the single guys looking for girlies and the Girlie Bars.

Both towns are laid out so that if you want anything but not certain things you can spend your holiday to suit YOU.

goosethai, calm down, why get abusive?

i live in pattaya and have just got back here after 3 days in hua hin but i totally agree with maverick, it's to much hassle in my point of view, nobody said it was crap there.

stay in pattaya with the prostitutes (narrow minded or what)

Hey Look

Maverick has a friend called Davethailand.

You a fussy eater as well then, scouring the world for a veggie restaurant to your pallet while slagging everyone off???

Are you saying you have live in Pattaya and never been with a prostitute Daviewavie??? Pattaya is the biggest brothel in the world thats why all the #@cked up people live there.

Maverick, where do you live then and I will make observations. Body builder and Thaiboxer a real he man, so everyone must like what you do in your sparetime, you a commy?????

Do you take steroids Maverick????

• 3 weeks later...

Hua Hin . Cha Am..

Q1 : Does Hua Hin have any international kiddies schools?

Q2 : Is Hua Hin being developed? Are homes, condos being built?

Q3 : Is it peaceful sleeping at night? I guess are there any grumpy dogs?

A : What is your favourite experience of Hua Hin/ Cha Am?

Thank you for your time.

Thaimee

Hua Hin . Cha Am..

Q2 :  Is Hua Hin being developed? Are homes, condos being built?

Q3 :  Is it peaceful sleeping at night? I guess are there any grumpy dogs?

A :    What is your favourite experience of Hua Hin/ Cha Am?

Thank you for your time.

Thaimee

Q1: dont know

Q2: lots of new places being built

Q3: One of my ex G/F gets a bit grumpy when the bars close and she gets thrown out always was a bit of a dog! :o

A: Soi Bitabar

Hua Hin . Cha Am..

Q1 : Does Hua Hin have any international kiddies schools?

Q2 : Is Hua Hin being developed? Are homes, condos being built?

Q3 : Is it peaceful sleeping at night? I guess are there any grumpy dogs?

A : What is your favourite experience of Hua Hin/ Cha Am?

Thank you for your time.

Thaimee

A1 No international schools but some very good ones.

Stamford University 032 520 789, 520 790, 520 791

Salasian 032 532 351

Somtawin School 032 530 384-5

WECI English Language Institute 032 536 889

These are the most popular, Webster University is in the process of a major change's with regard to studies in Bangkok and Hua Hin 032 456 161.

A2 Yes it most certaily is, new homes and Condo's.

A3 no problems here, well policed as the King has his main residnce here.

Too many too answer, best beach's in Thailand and the Golf is second to none.

I live here in Cha-Am and have a 1 year non im o visa.

Unable to qualify for the retirement visa etc.......

I've done the odd run to Ranong and met a few Expats from Huahin along the way.

I'm always amazed when i strike up a conversation with them!

" Oh! Just here on holiday?"

" Holiday! I'll have you know that, I have a house, Business etc....In Huahin."

" Well, what's with the visa run?" I ask.

Blah di blah di blah........

It's F*****g amazing that, these Guys, can buy a house ( not their own ), buy a business ( not their own ), spend millions of baht.............

And haven't got a clue to when it comes down to a few bahts, how to get the most important document of all, The Visa!!!

Tony.

Ps. When i say a few bahts, it's literally that. You only deposit the cash in there!

You don't have to spend it................ :o

Charleyboy

Its amazing Thailand, I ahve had many thoughts on the basic fundmentals of living here, then I just give up.

Yes these are all educated guys and they are being run by semi educated Thai Girls. I firmly believe its because they are afraid to lieave the comfort zone because they cannot determine what the Thai Partner will be doing. Sad really.

Go with the flow mate and let them get on with it.

At least we both know we are legal.

Wait till July the fun starts then.

Nice to speak with you by the way, which part of Cha Am and how long have you lived there?

Good evening Erco.

My PC has been playing up over the last few days, I was unable to reply to your post.

You may have gleaned from some other replies that, I have lived in Cha-Am for approx two years. Been coming to Thailand for about thirteen years, travelled extensively throughout the Kingdom.

About five years ago, visited HH and happened upon Cha-Am.

I've got to admit that, there are finer places to see and visit in Thailand but, I love Cha-Am.

I now live in a small village named, Ruamsuk. On the ouitskirts of Cha-Am , only five minutes away from the beach.

I know quite a few people in HH. Bar owners etc.....

Like a round or two of Golf, only play at the Army course at Pranburi, cheap! :o

Yours.

Tony.

Charleyboy

Yes I knew you worked togeter on BT.

Yes Phil has now gone back leaving his princess at home.

Raining like ###### here at the moment, David has also gone back to England.

Tony, do you know anything abut Tesco Lotus? Building when?

Regards

Hello Chaamman, AKA Steve!

Riding the bike gave you away.............

Lotus/ Tesco, more like a property development!

I've heard the rumours for years, if they were going to build, Huahin would be the place.

Tony.

PS. No wonder the dogs chase you, try cycling a bit faster! :o

• 2 weeks later...

I rent......in Hua Hin.

A 2-3 bedroom house here (depending on many variables), but up to western expectations will run from 10,000 a month and UP..........figure on average about 12-15,000 for a longish term lease.

Some condos can be rented, but not huge #s of them available.......and very few 3 bedrooms.

Rates vary wildly depending on the building.

Yes, from what I know, it's more expensive here than in Chiang Mai.

Frostback

Hey

You get what you pay for, you can go as low as 1500 baht per month if you want to live like a Thai and amongst them.

A good quality home will cost you 8000 baht and up depending on location, live further from the beach with unmade roads and you can half this. Its all about quality of life.

If you do not mind who your nieghbours may be or that you are in a flooded area with unmade road you can get a house bungalow for 1500/3000 baht a month.

If you want good nieghbours near the beach with good roads and drainage (dont we all) then you will pay 5/6000 baht for a town house and 9000 baht and up for a detached house/bungalow.

This is true for Hua Hin and Cha Am go to Tha Yang, Phetchaburi or Phuktian and you can half the above.

:o:D

Dave.....

Your observations and prices are right on the button.

It depend on your budget and expectations.

It's boiled down to neighborhood and security for me..........we all have our own wants and needs.

I find the noise pollution most irritating, and difficult to escape, so I'm willing to pay extra for relative quiet.

I'm not interested in "fixing up" a place, so I'll pay a bit more for a "clean" rental.

For the record, I pay 10,000 for a 3 BR, 3 air con, western kitchen, semi-detached, on a 2 year lease.

Many pay more.......sometimes a lot more; few pay less and still get anything approaching western standards.