Where can I buy a didgeridoo in Phuket?

peepers

Hey guys, this is my first post so If I goofed then my apologies. I'm looking to purchase a didgeridoo. For those that don't know it's a long tubular looking instrument made famous my the aboriginies in Australia.

Anyone know where I can get one in Phuket?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would an Alphorn do instead?

I know of a glockenspiel for sale..

Is there a quality bagpipes merchant in the Samutprakarn area?

not sure about traditional scottish bag pipes, but believe you might find a Tsabouna in that area..

but the OP may be interested in a Hurdy Gurdy

Edited by Soutpeel

Would an Alphorn do instead?

I know of a glockenspiel for sale..

Is there a quality bagpipes merchant in the Samutprakarn area?

not sure about traditional scottish bag pipes, but believe you might find a Tsabouna in that area..

but the OP may be interested in a Hurdy Gurdy

Like a barrel organ, a hurdy gurdy is of little use without a monkey.

Maybe one of our fellows could offer him the monkey off his back, so long as it is not too well spanked.

SC

• Like 2

the didgeridoo, perhaps the oldest musical instrument on earth.Possibly the world's oldest musical instrument
. A wind instrument originally found in Arnhem Land, Northern Australia.Is made from limbs and tree trunks hollowed out by termites (insects).And cut to an average length of 1.3 metres and cleaned out with a stick. or hot coals.Was used as an accompaniment to chants and songs.Produces a low pitch, resonant sound with complex rhythmic patterns.Traditional various forms at the didgeridoo where found in Central Australia around Alice Springs.The Didgeridoo is the sound of Australia.If the earth had a voice it would be the sound of the Didgeridoo.I have one in my home now (A real one ) you don't need a $500 didgeridoo to learn how to play. Because any hollow cylinder of sufficient length and diameter can be played as a didgeridoo. Plastic or metal pipe, bamboo, electrical conduit, toilet cardboard tubes, even vacuum-cleaner handles.I dont know if you have ever palyed one but it is all about breathing.Something that takes alot of time to master.

Have a good blow.... So as you see you dont need a real didgeridoo to get started.

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 2

you could substitute toilet rolls glued together in a long pipe...makes the same sound the wrapping was intended for.

PVC tube?[/quot

Yes you can it is how you use your lips you have to vibrate them isnt that right Doctor

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Interesting request. My folks have two of those things and they are fun to fool around with. I managed to make the sound come out right but could never master the circular breathing required for non stop play. Only one breath at a time. They bout them in the states from a performed and as I recall, the were about $800 each and this was probably 15 years ago. Never heard one or saw one for sale on Phuket though. But the PVC tube with a wax ring at the top sounds like it might work?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Take a trip to Bali they are readily available over there in fact most of the ones I have seen on sale in Aussie souvenir shops have been made in Bali and havent been in any way fabricated by memebers of the indigenous peoples of Australia !

Globalisation dear chap......lets face it even HP sauce that Great British staple for your bacon sandwiches aint made in the UK anymore....its made in Holland

that great american icon the fender strat is made in mexico, although you can buy an "american" version but it costs more...

Edited by Soutpeel

When I first saw my post had 24 replies, I was quite excited. Finally, somebody knows where I can purchase one... And then, to my chagrin, I realized that this board was filled with a bunch of <deleted>. But, I digress...

I've been playing the didgeridoo for a while, I've mastered circular breathing. I'm only intersted in purchasing a didgeridoo, not any other wacky instruments you guys find humerous to mention. I have built pvc didgeridoos in the past, and I could settle for one again.

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up some pvc pipe in phuket?

Only looking for genuine answers. I appreciate any valid responses. Thanks!

so you are calling us <deleted>... and you still want our help .You need to look at yourself the same way. You don’t need to go through life being an <deleted> to other people. You don’t have to hurt others to get what YOU asked for. Most members go out of there way for other people without being rewarded for it and still be happy. In fact, the better you treat others the better you’ll feel about yourself and the happier you’ll be.

We did not think it was humurous what some said , including myself , just saying you can turn alot of things into a digeridoo

WHO IS THE ARSE...

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 1

so you are calling us <deleted>... and you still want our help .You need to look at yourself the same way. You don’t need to go through life being an asshol_e to other people. You don’t have to hurt others to get what YOU asked for. Most members go out of there way for other people without being rewarded for it and still be happy. In fact, the better you treat others the better you’ll feel about yourself and the happier you’ll be.

We did not think it was humurous what some said , including myself , just saying you can turn alot of things into a digeridoo

WHO IS THE ARSE...

I personally thought, being a newbie on here, his initation into TV was very mild p*ss taking and quite light hearted, but yet he starts calling people arse's.....but then again how much p*ss taking can one do on the subject of a didgeridoo ?..except Rolf Harris jokes of course..whistling.gif

• Like 2

Take a trip to Bali they are readily available over there in fact most of the ones I have seen on sale in Aussie souvenir shops have been made in Bali and havent been in any way fabricated by memebers of the indigenous peoples of Australia !

While my post didnt give the OP a pointer to where to buy a Didge in Phuket I have to object to being called an Arse for what I thought was a completely valid suggestion which i didnt mean in a frivolous or p*ss taking way now as far as I'm concerned he can take whatever he decides to use and shove it up his own Arse and go whistle a merry tune he wont get any more help from me !

• Like 1

so you are calling us <deleted>... and you still want our help .You need to look at yourself the same way. You don’t need to go through life being an asshol_e to other people. You don’t have to hurt others to get what YOU asked for. Most members go out of there way for other people without being rewarded for it and still be happy. In fact, the better you treat others the better you’ll feel about yourself and the happier you’ll be.

WHO IS THE ARSE...

I personally thought, being a newbie on here, his initation into TV was very mild p*ss taking and quite light hearted, but yet he starts calling people arse's.....but then again how much p*ss taking can one do on the subject of a didgeridoo ?..except Rolf Harris jokes of course..whistling.gif

I'd assumed he suffered from Tourette's, and gave him some lee-way

• Like 2