Thai media, 'idleness' blamed for lack of progress on graft

webfact

Most of the population have had little education through their childhood, so most parents have difficulty in understanding what is right or wrong and that whole concept is overridden by the fact that 'Somehow it is not my fault, so somehowI am not wrong'. I have seen this time and again here.

So expecting parents to educate their children to these matters is beyond possibility. It is the responsibility of the media to expose the problems and to explore the reasons on both sides of the argument.

Most foreigners read the English press but if you compare to the Thai press which is full of pictures and sport with little editorial content and even less against politicians and the like, then you might see that little education of panty sort is happening here, probably because most Thais already think they know it all already.

For there to be any progress against corruption there either has to be a political leadership determined on the matter or some social pressure for change.

The defamation laws are a huge barrier to change as are the entrenched corruption riddling every government department and particularly rampant at national level. Social pressure may be the only hope and the newspapers have a role to play in that.

Well as i worked for media in Germany 35 years....what does this guy expect from the media??

As long corruption is tolorated, even more in daily life accepted: NOTHING will change.

And those millions of uneducated people here in Thailand even never get more information as the manipulated news they get on thai TV....

So: no change will ever happen!