Two motorbike club members killed in East Pattaya road crash

webfact

Two Motorbike Club Members killed in East Pattaya Road Crash

crash-25.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Sunday Police and rescue services were called to a Dual Carriageway in East Pattaya to deal with a fatal road crash, the second fatal crash at the location in the space of 48 hours.

At the scene was the bodies of Khun Sarayoot aged 32, the President of the Classic Motorbike Club and Khun Gietisak aged 21, who was riding as passenger on Khun Sarayoot’s motorbike. They were travelling to a nearby restaurant after attending a charity event which raised money for flood victims.

Nearby was a Cement Truck which had been abandoned by its driver. Damage to the right rear end of the truck was seen and according to witnesses who were driving behind the victims, the cement truck initiated an urgent right turn but failed to indicate.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/106446/motorbike-club-members-killed-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-21

I dont think it will be hard to find the driver ...... national sport in LOS ...flee the crash scene to avoid prosecution .... coward did you say coward ?

Yup it's a disgrace. Fleeing the scene should be an automatic jail sentence.

But in a similar way as murderers get a life sentence in lieu of the death sentence for admitting guilt, the jail sentence will be suspended when the driver, once apprehended, admits that he fled the scene.

I dont think it will be hard to find the driver ...... national sport in LOS ...flee the crash scene to avoid prosecution .... coward did you say coward ?

Yup it's a disgrace. Fleeing the scene should be an automatic jail sentence.

But, it would seem ... outright murderers don't even get that blink.png

Condolences to the families of the unfortunate riders. As a fellow motorcycle enthusiast it's sad to see accidents of any sort involving bikes - we are usually the ones that come off the worst.

We don't know the specific details of the incident but it is implied the motorcycle hit the rear of large moving concrete truck travelling in the same direction as the motorcycle, that initiated a turning manoeuvre without indicating.

Rule #1,2, and 3 for all/any motorcyclists in any country - maintain a safe riding distance, always maintain an escape route, drive at speeds that allow the first two rules to be effective.

• Like 1

Tragic that the two guys died but as some posters have already said, if you're going to ride a motorbike on Pattaya roads at night you need to be ultra defensive. If your - probably un-helmeted - head hits the back end of a truck, the truck will suffer almost no damage at all.

failed to indicate?

why ?

Cant you see what a big truck is doing?

Would you trust an indication light?

If the truck was standing stil,there could be another car behind it ready to cross the road

or a dog or whatever.

So if you dont drive defensif,one of the days your luck runs out.

Too many people drive around as if they are alone on the road,they just survive because

other people keep on braking for them .The moment they encounter another like themselves it

becomes very dangerous.

And the defense against a vehicle making a right turn directly in your path is what? The only defenses are to not be there or to be at zero velocity. Unfortunately, lives depend on the trust that drivers will not perform unsafe actions. If they were in the same lane as the truck (as the article implies - damage on right side), they must have been passing or attempting to pass.

People die when others perform unsafe actions and there is no avoidance of their actions.

R.I.P.

Edited by MaxYakov

If you flee from the scene you should automatically be considered drunk and up to you to prove you were not.

I hate hearing how after an accident, sometimes fatalities involved, the driver runs off

But isn't the reason because a gathering crowd would possibly beat the driver to death?

I'm sure a tv member was advised by police to flee the scene if ever involved and go straight to the station

I don't agree with it, but seems the explanation why it happens so often

Nearby was a Cement Truck which had been abandoned by its driver. Damage to the right rear end of the truck was seen and according to witnesses who were driving behind the victims, the cement truck initiated an urgent right turn but failed to indicate.

What the h.ll is wrong with people? I know that running from accidents seems a national sport among the Thais, but do people really think they can get away with it?

Secondly, the lack of indication when intending to turn seems like a national sport as well. To me it seems that many people do not even know WHY they are supposed to do it, at least from the fact that they are turning their indicator lights on just the second after they started turning.

not a coward , it's to eliminate drugs and booze from the body, show up at the cop shop 24hours later.

not a coward , it's to eliminate drugs and booze from the body, show up at the cop shop 24hours later.

Because there is no chance the motorbike was at fault, right?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cement truck in the early hours of Sunday morning, he probably pissed as they all are, been working all day no sleep.

That is why he fled the scene.

So now we know the cause of the accident, by someone who wasnt there. And farrangs keep complaining about thais false reporting.