PM Yingluck to visit Ethiopia next month, to be back in time for ICJ's ruling

webfact

PM scheduled to visit Ethiopia next month, to be back in time for ICJ's ruling

BANGKOK, 21 October 2013 (NNT) – The Prime Minister is set to pay Ethiopia a visit next month, according to the government spokesperson. However, the Premier will be back in time for the ICJ’s ruling on Phra Viharn case.

Government Spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi said Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to pay Ethiopia an official visit on November 8-10 to attend the United Nations High-Level Meeting on health at the invitation of the United Nations.

The spokesman admitted that PM’s activity schedule in Ethiopion has yet to be finalized as changes could be made anytime.

However, Mr. Teerat assured that Miss Yingluck will be back before the International Court of Justice renders its judgment on the disputed area around the Phra Viharn Temple, which is scheduled for November 11th.

Meanwhile, Opposition Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva voiced his belief that the ICJ would not reach any decisions that could raise conflicts between Thailand and Cambodia, as the ICJ would weigh the decision carefully in order that Thailand and Cambodia could reach a compromise.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-21 footer_n.gif

Why not stay here and sort out the multiple urgent problems; and join the meeting via skype...duh, didn't your brother show her how its done? Might have more impact for most to come in person, but for her, she'll make a fool out of herself, except for the glit & glam posing.

I didn't know there were many high-so shopping malls there? Maybe it'll serve as an example how to manage her people into disparity and submission here, like she and the family clan are trying to perfect through neo-feudalism.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifeth1.jpgattachicon.gifeth2.jpgattachicon.gifeth3.jpgattachicon.gifeth4.jpg

This is heartwarming news. At last, an opportunity for PTP and Thailand to show the world it has a heart and that the starving Ethiopians need not just rely on the generosity of the U.S.A.

attachicon.gifysrice.jpg

"I think we can send some of the millions of tons of rice to help feed the poor Ethiopians and others in Africa and around the world. My brother will be proud."

Yeah sell them rotten rice at huge discounts, it's better to get something for the rice than nothing.

And the reasons for this trip and her quick return before the ISJ ruling are what? Why is she leaving Thailand for Ethiopia with an ISJ ruling pending, an ISA imposed around Government House and and the possibility of mass demonstrations against her party's amnesty bill? Then again, why was she in Bail for a summit when a quarter of her nation was under water? Is this trip that important? Was her trip to Bali so important? What has she actually accomplished except to take a trips while her nation's in turmoil?

I've just read that she cancelled her trip to Ethiopia until the ISJ matter is solved. She must have been reading the forum. Her problem now is how to enforce an ISA nationwide.

Edited by Local Drunk

Yingluck likely to postpone visit to Ethiopia due to ICJ's ruling
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra may postpone her trip to Ethiopia from November 10-12 to wait for a ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruling on Preah Vihear Temple on November 11, Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Monday.

Before attending a meeting of security agencies chaired by Yingluck Monday, Surapong said the prime minister will assess the situation over the ICJ verdict and its consequences. The government will discuss measures to keep security ahead of the verdict. The measures will later be considered by the National Security Council and the Cabinet.

"Cambodia’s Foreign Minister Hor Namhong has agreed with me that the court's ruling will not affect our relations. I hope that the Court will decide this case by thinking of the relationship between the two countries. The ruling is not a political decision but it will express of justice," he said.

nntlogo.jpg

No wonder they are buying new planes for her, this one must be knackered !

done more miles than a scheduled service one.

Do you think she will book on Richard Bransons space flight, must be one

of the last places she has not visited .

regards Worgeordie

I hope her and her acolytes make bookings on the One-way Mars flight....

And the reasons for this trip and her quick return before the ISJ ruling are what? Why is she leaving Thailand for Ethiopia with an ISJ ruling pending, an ISA imposed around Government House and and the possibility of mass demonstrations against her party's amnesty bill? Then again, why was she in Bail for a summit when a quarter of her nation was under water? Is this trip that important? Was her trip to Bali so important? What has she actually accomplished except to take a trips while her nation's in turmoil?

She has increased the wealth of each country she visits. SHOPPING clap2.gif

• Like 1

UPDATE:
PM cancels trip to Ethiopia

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has cancelled her trop to Ethiopia, Government Spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi said Monday.

Teerat said Yingluck assigned Public Health Minister Pradit Sintavanarong to attend the International Conference on Family's Planning in Ethiopia on her behalf.

Yingluck was initially scheduled to visit Ethiopia on from November 12 to 15.

The spokesman said the prime minister has a schedule to visit Singapore late this month.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-21

I heard from a reliable source that the real reason for her trip to Ethiopia is to see how the Thai people will live in the future once she has milked the countries coffers dry with all the ridiculous ideas and massive borrowing and associated corruption.

• Like 1

No wonder they are buying new planes for her, this one must be knackered !

done more miles than a scheduled service one.

Do you think she will book on Richard Bransons space flight, must be one

of the last places she has not visited .

regards Worgeordie

...you may have something there...

...they cannot justify the purchases of the aircraft....at 50 or 100 times the cost of 1 year of trips.....

...unless they fudge the facts and figures.....

UPDATE:

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has cancelled her trop to Ethiopia, Government Spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi said Monday.

Teerat said Yingluck assigned Public Health Minister Pradit Sintavanarong to attend the International Conference on Family's Planning in Ethiopia on her behalf.

The spokesman said the prime minister has a schedule to visit Singapore late this month.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-10-21

Oh my dear the other participants of the conference must be devastated sad.png !

• Like 1

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra may postpone her trip to Ethiopia from November 10-12 to wait for a ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruling on Preah Vihear Temple on November 11, Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Monday.

Before attending a meeting of security agencies chaired by Yingluck Monday, Surapong said the prime minister will assess the situation over the ICJ verdict and its consequences. The government will discuss measures to keep security ahead of the verdict. The measures will later be considered by the National Security Council and the Cabinet.

"Cambodia’s Foreign Minister Hor Namhong has agreed with me that the court's ruling will not affect our relations. I hope that the Court will decide this case by thinking of the relationship between the two countries. The ruling is not a political decision but it will express of justice," he said.

nntlogo.jpg

Does she really know if she is coming, or going, or does it really matter?

UPDATE:

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-10-21

Yingluck's non attendance is a real loss. As the youngest of nine children her input on family planning issues would have been invaluable.

• Like 1

The Nation

nntlogo.jpg

Does she really know if she is coming, or going, or does it really matter?

Probably just breathing hard from excitement -- visiting Ethiopia must be a real turn-on.

Can we all sing the old song "ON THE ROAD AGAIN........"

And how may Ethiopians are in Thai jails? How many years have then been there without a trial? The last I read was one man has been in Thai prison for over 8 years without a trial. Why is she going there? To see if they will give money to get them out?

Ethiopia is interested in the way Thailand Government works.

Very very important that Thailand can globalize Thai democracy starting with Ethiopia.

And to pay her respects. Hail King Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari