In keeping with the constant generalizations about Thais

AYJAYDEE

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't a natioanlity per se. It's a type.

The type is epitomised by those who have come on holiday and decided to make the jump over full-time, usually selling their stuff back home and thinking they will be able to wander around like a king for the rest of their life. They are all hopelessly undercapitalised and ill-prepared.

They arrive, realise living is different to holidaying and that they have made a terrible mistake. The rest of their life is spent whining about how Thailand isn't like home (go figure) while pretending to themselves they are happy when it's obvious they're not. Then they see the locals doing better than themselves, and that outrages their sense of natural justice.

The result is inevitable: resentment tempered with a patronising superiority.

I think what the OP wanted to say was that he never complains about anything here and it's only people from other countries than his own...

Thais?

There are hundreds of thousands of them sitting around protesting right now.

If that isn't proof that there is something worth moaning about in Thailand I don't know what is.

no big deal. the bangkok middle and upper classes have their noses out of joint because the wealth and power is beginning to spread to the boonies and their privileged position in thai society is being eroded. its about frickin time!

Thais?

If that isn't proof that there is something worth moaning about in Thailand I don't know what is.

no big deal. the bangkok middle and upper classes have their noses out of joint because the wealth and power is beginning to spread to the boonies and their privileged position in thai society is being eroded. its about frickin time!

You generalising a bit there. Middle class is a misnomer in this country anyway, in comparison with the rest of the world.

I would ask all those so called middle classes if they pay their taxes correctly. I think we know the answer to that. They are a type of NIMBY... Desperate to feel important at their neighbours expense.

This lot might well just be anti corruption. How can anyone be pro corruption?

Don't believe you can really generalize as to the nationality that complains the most about Thailand

People of all nationalities complain for different reasons

Some complain because they think it makes them look smart

Some complain because they have been living in pain and discomfort for a long time ....and complaining is really just a cry for help

Some complain because....well they LIKE to complain....gives them something to talk about

Others complain because they think its funny ....kind of a sarcasm

But funny thing is

“If you took one-tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out... Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier.”

Randy Pausch

• Like 1

Thais?

You generalising a bit there. Middle class is a misnomer in this country anyway, in comparison with the rest of the world.

I would ask all those so called middle classes if they pay their taxes correctly. I think we know the answer to that. They are a type of NIMBY... Desperate to feel important at their neighbours expense.

This lot might well just be anti corruption. How can anyone be pro corruption?

its the THAI middle class and they exist and they pay taxes. and everybody in thailand is pro corruption. these protestors are just pissed off that the corruption is flowing to the provinces for once!

ALIENS ! would be my choice, why? because they are "Aliens" and not home (country) where everything is comfortable, familiar and they understand everything.

Here they have to adjust, adapt and in some cases overcome, which all leads to complaining to one degree or another.

It isn't a natioanlity per se. It's a type.

The type is epitomised by those who have come on holiday and decided to make the jump over full-time, usually selling their stuff back home and thinking they will be able to wander around like a king for the rest of their life. They are all hopelessly undercapitalised and ill-prepared.

They arrive, realise living is different to holidaying and that they have made a terrible mistake. The rest of their life is spent whining about how Thailand isn't like home (go figure) while pretending to themselves they are happy when it's obvious they're not. Then they see the locals doing better than themselves, and that outrages their sense of natural justice.

The result is inevitable: resentment tempered with a patronising superiority.

I think what the OP wanted to say was that he never complains about anything here and it's only people from other countries than his own...

still batting 0.000 i see