Have a new company... now how to get visa and work permit?

For the past several years I worked for a Thai school that supplied my work permit and visa. That school is being closed.

I have just created a Thai limited company with 2 Thai partners. Its finished as of last week.

Now.... how do I prepare new work permit and visa for the new company? My Thai staff need some advice.

Procedures depend on your intended work, if you are planning on teaching then the visa and WP application have somewhat different application procedures/paperwork to other areas of employment.

What is your current visa status?

Have you created a Limited Company or a Limited Partnership?

Edited by digitalchromakey

I am not planning to teach--I actually was in the position of Marketing Manager for my last school. This is NOT a school, it is a limited company with 2 million capitalization. Not a partnership. We have five Thai employees.

Ok thanks, what is your current visa status, presume you are already here in Thailand?

For a new company you will not get a 1 year extension of stay, as for that tax papers are required that a new company doesn't have.

You will have to extend your WP for 1 year and with that (and a lot of company papers) apply for a new non-B visa abroad.

A work permit is canceled when you or employer cancels it. You do not have any time to leave country once employment ends (unless BOI one stop issued) regardless of work permit status if extension is tied to that employment. The extension ends the day employment ends.

Yes here in Thailand on a B visa with valid work permit that expires in 5 weeks.

Are you on a Non Immigrant 'B' Visa (obtained at a Thai Consular facilty outside of Thailand) or are you on a One Year Extension of Permission to Stay based on Working in the Kingdom of Thailand (obtained from your local Thai Immigration Dept in Rayong)?

The day your employment ends is the day your current permission to stay ends, but you can get 7 days to leave the country for 1,900 baht.

You need to get the new WP in that time frame and with the new WP apply for a non-B visa. Or if you can't get a new WP yet, get the WP3 receipt (and letter confirming you will get the WP once you have the visa) and apply for a non-B visa abroad. You might get a multiple non-B in Penang. That is if you already have the WP, otherwise it will be a single.

I have a girl in PTY that does this service. She is quite creative. If you PM me I can send you her name and number.

Set up the same thing last year and just renewed everything for the first annual renewal. This is the third time I have done this in the last 15 years and I can tell you

that they are making things much more difficult that it used to be.

There were a lot of hoops to jump through. Required Office visits from the Social Security Office and Immigration.