I-mobile models

sustento

Is there any rationale to the way I-mobile brand their different phones or do they just make new model numbers up as they roll yet another new phone off the production line? I'l be in the LoS soon and would like to buy an I-mobile but am increasingly confused as to what's available? Help please!

Is there any rationale to the way I-mobile brand their different phones or do they just make new model numbers up as they roll yet another new phone off the production line? I'l be in the LoS soon and would like to buy an I-mobile but am increasingly confused as to what's available? Help please!

Nope. No rationale at all.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

I have an I Mobile 7.1.

A SERIOUS WARNING for you!!!!!!

When you buy your i-Mobile make sure that the data download setting is turned OFF.

If not you may be billed by you network supplier for 1 baht PER MINUTE like I am currently in dispute with AIS over a 6,500 baht data bill.

I have never used this mobile for data and the last time I used GPRS/EDGE on my other phone was nearly 3 years ago.

When I first queried it with AIS call centre it had been online for 4 and a half DAYS. The Call center lady sent me an SMS on how to stop it but a bit too late.

Edited by billd766

Just about all models (and their specs) are covered here.............all twelve pages of them.

http://product.i-mobilephone.com/

Personally I have an IQ X(A) which am very happy with.

Can I ask how much you paid for it please?

I bought mine on the day they came out at the Mobile Expo in Bangkok and paid 9,400 baht.

I feel a bit cheated over the price. I thought there might of been a 'special price' for the launch day but no. It stayed at that price for a month or so then dropped about 1,000 baht.

Still happy with the phone though, it was still good value.

• 5 weeks later...

It appears most of the I-Mobile models have similar hardware specs. I would observe the price you pay relates to how good the screen is; primarily resolution. Since phones wear, may get nicked, lost, dropped down the toilet, screen smashed, etc, I would go for the slightly lower res screen phones. The 5.3 is a good buy; large screen, large capacity battery and supports all the frequencies in one phone.

I might add I have a 5.1 and notice that the charge connector does wear and gets loose after some months, so that kind of re-enforces the point that they have limited life and its not worth spending lots of money. Why did they put the charge connector on the top of this phone?

I will probably go for a 5.3 when I am back as anything larger than a 5" screen is not pocketable! The new 5.6 looks good!